Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
4 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have any live webcams of lamp posts to see it arriving? :)

Ukweathercams.co.uk

Has a map. Some are dark some offline but you might find a couple on there.

Edited by WinterWilf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, heavy snowfall or crisp sunny frosty days
3 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have any live webcams of lamp posts to see it arriving? :)

I have a street light right outside my bedroom window which a few years ago used to be on from about 4pm til 8am during the winter, the perfect time to have a weather cam. Unfortunately in the last few years it goes on about 6pm and is off bang on midnight. Much to my disgust as I was a very big lamp post watcher!! 

It started snowing very very light and very fine here in Craven Arms about 10 minutes ago. Watching the radar it seems the town 7 miles north of here is getting a bit of a dumping, but they always do, we never seem to get any of the good snow/thunder storms here, but all around us fair quite well. If and its a big IF, we get a decent amount by tomorrow, I will post a piccie 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
1 minute ago, Ian Ballinger said:

Isn't it moving fast, how is that going to give all day snow

Its going to stall and pivot 

Posted

It is moving really fast now, it seemed to take ages to reach here but now seems to be heading north and further east really quickly Ian, I too wonder how its going to give all day snow!!

Hope you're right about it stalling and pivoting Sparkiee Storm......I could be building a snowman after all, as well as having to dig the garden up for the dogs to do their business so they don't get cold bums......they're not fans lol!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
6 minutes ago, Raynee said:

It is moving really fast now, it seemed to take ages to reach here but now seems to be heading north and further east really quickly Ian, I too wonder how its going to give all day snow!!

Hope you're right about it stalling and pivoting Sparkiee Storm......I could be building a snowman after all, as well as having to dig the garden up for the dogs to do their business so they don't get cold bums......they're not fans lol!!

Hopefully it will as many have said it, plus colder air is pushing down behind it which will cause the pivoting as it heads south later on :).

Maybe you could post a pic in here later if you manage to build a snowman :D?  

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted

Well I've got everything crossed. I'm so tempted to stay up all night to see how it progresses, but I don't have an outside light to actually watch the snow falling, the council put pay to me street lamp watching so may go to bed and hopefully wake up to a good old dumping in the morning and find it still chucking it down!!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm about to set off for a drive from Grantham, may head down to Northampton then across to Brum and back up through the Peak district and follow it home to Grantham. Pictures to follow.

• Like 1

Posted

I was about to say it literally should be on your doorstep now Ian!! It is white over here now, let the one dog out 10-15 minutes ago and her footprints are completely covered!!

I love snow piccies Polar Low, but stay safe and take a flask!! (The flask bit is the mother in me lol)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Herefordweather said:

Inch of snow here and still coming down thick and fast. 

Worried it may turn briefly to rain/sleet down here though.

Heavy snow here too, coming down fast!!, only start of the main band !. The temperatures risen briefly over past half an hour worryingly , now stopped. Fingers crossed, if it carry's on like it is it's going to be bad ! :help: 

Posted

Felt like that here first of all Ian, very very fine and very light, I couldn't tell if it was rain or snow so had to shove the one dog outside to see what colour she was when she came back in..........cruel Mummy I know lol!! The brown in her fur confirmed it was light snow lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

A bit heavier now although still fairly light. Sticking instantly. 

Edited by i love snow