Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold
2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Yes basically does this as far as I can figure out.

v5QvgvU.png

Yeah thats what I thought looks to be coming in to fast to make the track the earler models were saying. But thats good news for me as it had dropped to far south for decent numbers for me.

Posted
3 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Yes basically does this as far as I can figure out. It is probably less that actual ppn over ireland hitting us, but more it starting to pivot and swing around up into central England.

v5QvgvU.png

Some thing to look out for is how far north it gets in ireland. Thats the furthest most as far as the 18z gfs predicts

Screenshot_20171210-001638.jpg

Posted

Given the relatively small distances somewer just into northern ireland may be good for most here wrt a push further north

Posted
6 minutes ago, MKN said:

Some thing to look out for is how far north it gets in ireland. Thats the furthest most as far as the 18z gfs predicts

Screenshot_20171210-001638.jpg

Good point hoping for a little bit higher then will keep an eye on it for another hour or so still got plenty of single malt to drink. Chin chin :drunk-emoji:

Saying that it just dropped another heavy snow on my forecast for light snow on the beeb.:closedeyes:

Edited by WinterWilf

Posted
“W COUNTRY Sunday's weather looks firmly set to yield a disruptive event across a sizeable swathe of England & Wales. Please keep tuned to BBC Local Radio travel reports & take particular care/precautions (or indeed postpone) if heading N from our region into Midlands.”

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Has anyone seen the latest warnings from the Met-Office regards snowfall in the last hour or so.

Posted

Snowing in bristol apparently according to some1 on my weather group on the book(facebook) that may or may not be called extreme weather group ?

Posted
2 hours ago, shaky said:

Gfs 18z still brilliant for the whole of the midlands!!just taken a look at it!!18z ukmo is very good for all of us aswell!!relax peeps!!

Well roughly 4 hours until the first snowflakes fall in Northants, the will it won't it saga has been fascinating, I promised myself I wouldn't get so hooked on model watching this winter, the last 2 weeks have been the best for years, and I've been completely addicted once again!! I'll be glad when this event is over in a way, Mrs keeps rattling on about some religious based event that's happening in 2 weeks time, probably need to concentrate on that at some point, Think there will be more happy than not come tomorrow morning, Timing is perfect for the Midlands, looking forward to the pics!! What next I wonder? Good luck all!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

About to get a bit of sleep, but just popped into the SW thread and it's apparently snowing (just) in Chepstow.

Time to turn in and see what the morning brings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi all. Only awake as I'm not feeling too well! Was hoping to be in the firing line here in Walsall. Seems to be slightly more southern to me though. Oh well, we'll get some I think (I hope!). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Just woken up and can't get back off to sleep...just waiting now. Here's hoping for that dumping! :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Well thats about as much FIFA 18 as I can put up with tonight :)

Nothing happening yet, going to get some sleep and then see what happens, fingers crossed wake up to it coming down heavily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

Moving very fast as well. Arrive earlier than forecast?

Posted

Well my bbc forecast has been upgraded now not that that means anything. so maybe there's hope for a decent amount of snow and not the doom of goom of earlier.. Im not awake because im ill or can't sleep. I have just been drinking whiskey and watching universal solider...:) (classic)

Anywayin bed now hope we all see abit tomorrow well today. 

Good luck you guys.:cold-emoji:

Edited by WinterWilf

Posted
7 minutes ago, shaky said:

That band is heading straight for the midlands at the moment!!still moving north and east!!

Yes noticed this earlier when it was over Ireland. Perked me up abit. Think the meto was right to stick to their guns.

Good for them, see you guys later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
24 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

Just woken up and can't get back off to sleep...just waiting now. Here's hoping for that dumping! :cold:

Just done the exact same thing haha, and hopefully the snow what's incoming in the next half hour to an hour will stick around and stay as snow :), Goodluck.

Posted

Has anyone got the DPs please, or where to find what the DP temperature is for a location? 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Has anyone got the DPs please, or where to find what the DP temperature is for a location? 

Just seen a pic of the dps around the uk in the south east thread and they are sub zero widely across england bar southwest of england and maybe south wales!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

I downloaded weather live as an app to my phone and it gives me a dew point figure of -3 at the moment. No clue on accuracy though

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Just seen a pic of the dps around the uk in the south east thread and they are sub zero widely across england bar southwest of england and maybe south wales!

Okay thanks :good:

Posted

Maybe a bit off topic but does anyone have any live webcams of lamp posts to see it arriving? :)