Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!
3 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Latest charts show it's all moved South. Most of the Midlands misses out. Disaster for the Met Office.

Don’t mean to be rude but that is complete and utter BS. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
4 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Latest charts show it's all moved South. Most of the Midlands misses out. Disaster for the Met Office.

This just isn't true. How are you interpreting these charts ? GFS is covering right up into north midlands, HIRLAM/ARPEGE have the *strongest* snow in the south midlands, but still good amounts further north too. NMM / EURO4 still good for whole of midlands.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

Scratching my head at this one. :drunk-emoji:

Posted

Just a brief post to say thank you so much for the kind words, everybody!  I am both touched and greatly humbled.

Bish

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, kmanmx said:

This just isn't true. How are you interpreting these charts ? GFS is covering right up into north midlands, HIRLAM/ARPEGE have the *strongest* snow in the south midlands, but still good amounts further north too. NMM / EURO4 still good for whole of midlands.

As a side note the Arpege has a very good record with these short range events. Still all looking good.

Posted
1 minute ago, Harsh Climate said:

Latest charts are huge downgrade for most. Early this morning it looked like north and west midlands would get 10-20cm snow, now looks like 2-5cm... Still better than nothing :) 

Post these charts please. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
7 minutes ago, Richard Fisher said:

3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Arpege further north slightly at 10am tomorrow!!all of the midlands in heavy to moderate snow!!

One of you is wrong lol

Posted
1 minute ago, mother nature rocks said:

As a side note the Arpege has a very good record with these short range events. Still all looking good.

Yep... though I am using Meteociel and Weatheronline and neither have it updated for 18z yet. Is there a better more up to date source ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
5 minutes ago, shaky said:

Arpege further north slightly at 10am tomorrow!!all of the midlands in heavy to moderate snow!!

Got a chart?

Posted

Looking at were the rain is on the radar it's about a hour head of schedule compared to euro4 or is it just more  north then the charts are saying.

Posted
3 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

What the hell is going on? Have posts saying disaster and game over for Midlands. Others saying all Midlands looking good. Could rip my hair out!

It's a bit worse for the northern most of midlands than the prediction 24 to 48 hours ago. But not write off. GFS, EURO4, NMM, Arpege,Met Office  still good for majority of midlands. Think some members being overly pessimistic, or interpreting charts wrong. Odd.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

What the hell is going on? Have posts saying disaster and game over for Midlands. Others saying all Midlands looking good. Could rip my hair out!

Three things have happened. The boundaries of snow have edged south rather than between the yellow lines now looking between the red. 2nd the precip moves through quicker. 3rd its not as heavy as forecast a day or so ago. 

It still means that many will see 5 to 10cms and prime spots as much as 20cm although this wont be as widespread as shown 24hours ago.

Finally somewer in that purple box i think is on for 20cms still. 

20171209_222553.jpg

Edited by MKN
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

17121015_0912.thumb.gif.6a169d700e0df0925a02eb55c8e32fcc.gif Ouch

Uhm...That's the Euro4 12z right ? That's better than both the 06z and 00z Euro4 before it. And still showing a good covering for majority of Midlands.

"Ouch" ????

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, MKN said:

Three things have happened. The boundaries of snow have edged south rather than between the yellow lines now looking between the red. 2nd the precip moves through quicker. 3rd its not as heavy as forecast a day or so ago. 

It still means that many will see 5 to 10cms and prime spots as much as 20cm althougj tjis wont be as wideapread as shown 24hours ago.

Finally somewer in that purple box i think is on for 20cms still. 

20171209_222553.jpg

Yup, I know I live here but worcester is looking in a prime spot at the moment..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

17121015_0912.thumb.gif.6a169d700e0df0925a02eb55c8e32fcc.gif Ouch

Dude without being rude it looks exactly the same if anything it's better for the Midlands as a whole. Noticed your location now I get it lol.

• Like 2

Posted

As an aside, we should not be fussing over 50m swings... frequently seen precipitation fall +/- 50m outside of what charts suggest even at < T6 or < T3...  not to mention the models never, ever, model the structure and size of precip perfectly nor it's intensity. They could put out 100 models between now and tomorrow morning and they'd all be slightly different, and all slightly wrong to some extent.

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I knew this would shift south. Coupled with the fact that today's showers have left limited cover despite being  intense most of the day, I am very disappointed. The dew points were pitiful for snow to lie.