Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
7 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Oh yes please.....An event like this 6 to 7am is a lie in....:lazy:    I'll be up at 5am :D

Hehe. I hate getting up early. But a solid snow event for the Leicester region is so dang rare, it's probably worth it. Love a bit of window and radar watching :D:D

Posted
Just now, snowstorm27x said:

Great to see a slight shift south puts all the Midlands in the game. Also will keep it an all snow event and the the pivot will hammer us all and give us more snow for longer. Couldn't get a better predicted track at present. It's perfection.

3 minutes ago, mother nature rocks said:

So what snow depths are we talking here across the midlands tomorrow (roughly) Anyone fancy doing some homework and putting a list up. Thanks in advance ?❄️❄️?

Similar to 2010 in some respects  , .. it would seem slight shift southwards has really made difference epc for you location mother nature, i'm still not happy about current temperatures across your region. It did feel milder earlier. No snow in Worcester city centre when I visited. See attach. 

current.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Back to freezing again here. Ice on the ground. Will mean any little top-ups in the next few hours make a good base for tomorrow, although I'm getting less optimistic, as each model shows the shadow over us, regardless of how far North the snow gets.

Posted
1 minute ago, davehsug said:

Back to freezing again here. Ice on the ground. Will mean any little top-ups in the next few hours make a good base for tomorrow, although I'm getting less optimistic, as each model shows the shadow over us, regardless of how far North the snow gets.

Same. Models showing the heaviest stuff further south and a dry patch over Stoke, but the pros saying differently.

Posted
2 minutes ago, mother nature rocks said:

OMFG Arpege 12z currently running. South midlands are going to get pasted big time!!!!!

I really hope so! Fingers crossed Warwick will be blanketed tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Same. Models showing the heaviest stuff further south and a dry patch over Stoke, but the pros saying differently.

I think experience has taught us that the models get this right for us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
19 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Back earlier this week this looked like a southern Scotland/northern England event!

Yes i have seen this type of event so often over 50+years Nick.Possible slider becomes definite then often evolves to an undercut type of scenario as the pivoting takes place and the cold air remains.We can't be sure but if this goes as expected we may see another 48hrs of snow lying before thawing conditions move in from the west around mid-week. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jake Lamparski said:

Still looking very good for the midlands slight shift south so areas south of birmingham.looking very good even my area coventry looks like the sweet spot

Posted
31 minutes ago, MKN said:

All looking interesting those saying they expect rain around northampton etc i wouldn't be so sure.

arp1.png

It's been a painful long few years for us in Northampton, this could be one to remember...sledge waxed and ready to go, 48 feeling more excited than my 7 year old hehe

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
12 minutes ago, mildmuck said:

Similar to 2010 in some respects  , .. it would seem slight shift southwards has really made difference epc for you location mother nature, i'm still not happy about current temperatures across your region. It did feel milder earlier. No snow in Worcester city centre when I visited. See attach. 

current.jpg

Mildmuck..

Temps continuing to plummit.

Now down to -1.0C here already, with dewpoint at -3.2C.

Looks like it is going to be a real cold one tonight as the wind has dropped away.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Although we largely missed the snow yesterday in Malvern (just a bare cm on the Hill) I ended up feeling grateful as we had to do an emergency vet trip to Worcester with our cat last night (who is fine today). Worcester was even more bare of snow, but the vet nurse said her partner got sent home early from work due to the snow and he was only in Kidderminster!

Feeling very hopeful about tomorrow! :yahoo:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Mildmuck..

Temps continuing to plummit.

Now down to -1.0C here already, with dewpoint at -3.2C.

Looks like it is going to be a real cold one tonight as the wind has dropped away.

MIA

Indeed ,,, it's going to be interesting to see if that cold stays in place when that front starts moving in early hrs epc for low lying southern counties  :)

Posted

Back home two inches this afternoon from snow showers some heavy with large fluffy flakes... looks so pretty with decs up and Xmas lights on the trees outside ??❄️☃️❄️❄️ More to come looking at radar... -1c.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Interesting to see MetO still holding out for it quite a bit further north for the heaviest snow than the latest Hirlam, Arpege etc would suggest. They have access to way more data and experts than us, so you'd expect them to be correct !

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

76A53154-A99C-44DC-B511-9A8DF86AE27D.thumb.png.f03e33c7a1a927ee00a309f91f0b71c1.png

???❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

I've just seen Father Xmas in the charts...

12_372_preciptype.png.330cbd87cacd6de628

Surprise,,,,,surprise.:yahoo:

I do believe..

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Matty23 said:

U think Shrewsbury is in a good spot?? 

Matty, Shrewsbury isn't allowed anymore snow... you've had your turn. 

Just joking, yeah you look well placed again. After my prediction for Friday not being to shabby of the sweet spot being Shawbury-Market Drayton, i'm feeling good about my prediction of Worcester=Redditch copping it tomorrow. Maybe more like 5cm North of Brum now. Expecting meto to correct their forecasted amber zone south this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Matty23 said:

Really just 5cm north of brum. Naaa has to be more seen charts with like nearly 30cms on 

Been a further trend south today, unless meto know something that we don't. The higher resolution models are all pointing to this shift south, meto do have a plethora of models to base their forecasts off though so may have good reason to keep more Northern regions in the sweet spot. Regardless, i am happy with my 5cm if that is all i get, of course it would have been nice to have more, but snow is snow!