Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowstorm27x said:

Yh it does fragment a bit but with strong winds and the fact it pivots over the Midlands everywhere will get at least 10cm I predict 20 cms plus for West Mids, Telford and Shropshire upwards of 25cm. But we really wont know until it makes landfall.

I think prime area has shifted east a little since yesterday southern parts of birmingham maybe ideal spot now. The heaviest precip seems to leave wales and western part of our region fairly swiftly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

thaw here too, 

Dew points must be high then. We've had quite a good covering of snow all morning but in the last hour between showers its melting rapidly.

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I'm not great at pinpointing Stoke on these charts but, these all appear to show a snowless gap over Stoke tomorrow.

euro4.gif

wrf.png

arome2.png

arome.png

This kinda highlights what i just said largely with the heavier stuff seemingly further east with most models. Met office also extended the risk further east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, RobR said:

Dew points must be high then. We've had quite a good covering of snow all morning but in the last hour between showers its melting rapidly.

noticed with partly cloudy skies the thaw is quicker, completely clear skies, there would be no drip drip thaw out of sun

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Pic from just now here.

20171209_131611.thumb.jpg.8c01505afaf08557153dabe8767ee1ae.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
50 minutes ago, RobR said:

Anyone else on RainToday seeing a streamer setting up for the Stoke/Staffs area this afternoon? We literally had a gap of about 30 minutes just where the sun came out but snowing again now. Ground temps must be quite high as the melt rate is quick on tarmac.

radar.png

Posted

Im still quietly confident about tomorrow, really wouldnt be suprised of a slight northward correction tonight and either way we should still see some snow around the Peak District

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

The 12z's will be the one's to see for me.... North, South,Eastwards movement's and how much, we will see ?....Love upgrades me :D 

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

radar.png

Missed to west yesterday to the east today. I Best be in prime spot tomorrow lol

Posted

My location in between Nottingham and Mansfield BBC weather is saying heavy snow from early morning till lunchtime but looking at the charts being posted I can't really see if that band of "snow" actually reaches this far eastwards / north ?

any help appreciated !!

Thanks 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Mostly cloudy skies here now,with a steady thaw of any remaining snow.Any showers are that are falling are a mixture of rain sleet or snow.

Posted
Just now, Matty23 said:

That front just coming into the bottom of the UK now is this the snow band?

No wont appear on radar until 9/10pm and even then it will be southwest of ireland

Posted
12 minutes ago, tyson99 said:

My location in between Nottingham and Mansfield BBC weather is saying heavy snow from early morning till lunchtime but looking at the charts being posted I can't really see if that band of "snow" actually reaches this far eastwards / north ?

any help appreciated !!

Thanks 

Unfortunately there has been shifts south from a couple of the hi res models as being discussed in the model output thread. Would still expect you to see something though. If 12Zs back up the arome and arpege in shift south then somewer between northampton cov leics may be best placed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Nobody knows who will get the most it’s going to be a case of wait and see. We are all pretty much in the zone to get snow that’s all anybody can say at this moment so chill

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Another snow shower but struggling to stick with a dew point of 0. Slushy mess now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
27 minutes ago, Matty23 said:

That front just coming into the bottom of the UK now is this the snow band?

Radar shows the rain now into Scilly Isles and W.Cornwall.

It's on it's way.Radar watch will be the best from this evening.:)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
12 minutes ago, MKN said:

Unfortunately there has been shifts south from a couple of the hi res models as being discussed in the model output thread. Would still expect you to see something though. If 12Zs back up the arome and arpege in shift south then somewer between northampton cov leics may be best placed

That's just two Models and other models differ also a little cherry picking going on there if you asked me

Anyway AROME is a small scale prediction mode but I do highly rate the ARPEGE model as it's in collaboration with the ECMWF.

Won't be long the 12z are out soon :)

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Just watched the BBC TV weather (BBC NEWS 24) not sure what your watching but just snow for you in Bedworth

The website was updated at 12:04 and no sign of rain at all and no sign of a thaw either..... Mon/Tue :cold:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2656031

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

listen to the forecast, "and turns the snow gradually to rain as the day goes on"???

Posted

Just popped into Worcester to do some Xmas shopping, 3 degree sunny , snow all melted . Quite pleasant in the sun, the temperature drop was noticeable as I drove back to Bromsgrove reading 1c . Quite a bit of snow still on the ground skies seems to have clouded over here since this morning

Could with it shifting to make way for clear skies before this evening.