Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Whats happening on the NMM? It shows a -9c monday morning? -3c max for some places. Is that really possible after a slightly marginal event?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Back in to all snow from met Office now ?❄️❄️ Knife edge stuff for my location I think tho. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Paceyboy said:

Whats happening on the NMM? It shows a -9c monday morning? -3c max for some places. Is that really possible after a slightly marginal event?

Light winds + Deep Snow Cover + Clear skies = Very cold.

Posted

Snow in the night added another cm

had a shower at 7.15 was nice to see 

maybe a few more showers later then could get a dumping tomorow ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Light winds + Deep Snow Cover + Clear skies = Very cold.

I love snow and cold to a point but thats extreme for central midlands. Monday will be horrendous.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Back in to all snow from met Office now ?❄️❄️ Knife edge stuff for my location I think tho. 

Good! Let it stay that way.

<prays to the weather gods>

Edited by Bunnyfugger
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

FInally an Easterly shift on the streamer, getting some decent showers here in Newcastle Under Lyme- up to 2-3cm now. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sunny in Belper but hoping the stuff from Blackpool to Preston can catch me in a couple of hours.

Overnight runs have moved the snow south of me tomorrow but the local radio forecast going for up to 20cm across the Peak District so who knows.

My weather app has upgraded snow amounts too.

Edited by Supacell
Predictive text fail

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Sunny in Belper but hoping the stuff from Blackpool to Preston can catch me in a couple of hours.

Overnight runs have moved the snow south of me tomorrow but the local radio forecast going for up to 20cm across the Peak District so who knows.

My weather app has upgraded snow amounts too.

What app do you use for snow amounts please? It's sunny here in Burton too but the radar shows an eastwrds shift in the streamer today and looks like we stand a better chance over the Nw mids. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Winter-Chaser said:

What app do you use for snow amounts please? It's sunny here in Burton too but the radar shows an eastwrds shift in the streamer today and looks like we stand a better chance over the Nw mids. 

I use the weather channel app.

The streamer is definitely further east, I expect areas on the western side of the Peak District to get a dumping but a better chance for us in the northern Midlands than was the case yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
22 minutes ago, Zak 92 said:

Damn showers keep breaking up before they reach Leicester ??

The Leicester snow shield my friend! Was breached once in Dec 2010 but has since been repaired :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted

Snow shower here too. Seems to be clearing now though. Wouldn't be surprised to see more later and hopefully we get a huge dumping tomorrow :yahoo:.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
1 hour ago, RobR said:

Making the most of the showers here today as I think the frontal snow tomorrow won't be that bad here with a focus further south.

You live in Stoke? Tbh, i'd say Stoke was in a pretty good spot for this event. Far enough north to not be dragged into thr mild sector and the PPN should definitely reach you too.

Posted

The BBC weather for My location on the notts / Derby border ( Heanor ) is showing heavy snow from 5am tomorrow till 1pm then light snow 

not seen heavy snow for few years now so fingers crossed we are in the middle of this band ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Cold and clear here this morning.

A slight covering during the night.

Minimum of -2.0C and temperature now at -0.7C with a dew point now at -3.4C 

Looking North west it looks as though (contrary to apps, BBC, etc) we may have a shower later on towards lunch time as I can see distant anvils.

We have only about 1cm of snow, but it looks quite attractive.i

Anyway good luck to everyone he hasn't seen a flake yet, mainly south and east of here (Warwick, Oxford, Leicester, etc) for tomorrow. Most models are now expecting the cold to hang around until midweek so we could well get other chances later on in the week. We are still on for anywhere between 5 to 12 inches for tomorrow, and it is looking as though we are back in the sweet spot, and it is only 18 hours for when it it starts.

MIA

:):cold::cold:

Even worth a boom!:bomb: 

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 6

Posted

Really don't know what will happen tomorrow, everyone seems to have a different idea, will see what the 12z's say and then eyes to the radar.

As for today, wind direction more westerly, showers aligned better for Staffordshire, however I'm not sure they will get much further than the Stafford area without significant weakening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
2 hours ago, RobR said:

A good shower must have passed here in the last hour or so as we have a good CM or so out of it. Cheshire Gap showers must further east today too.

I'm pretty sure the Cheshire gap streamer has wound down a while back - now we've incoming west-ish winds, and it's a question of what angle of west-ish they are... 

Friend of mine planning to drive back from S.Wales to Herefordshire over night tonight. I'm posting charts for her trying to xplain she needs to go today or wait til about Tuesday, but not sure she really believes it... :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
7 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

I'm pretty sure the Cheshire gap streamer has wound down a while back - now we've incoming west-ish winds, and it's a question of what angle of west-ish they are... 

Friend of mine planning to drive back from S.Wales to Herefordshire over night tonight. I'm posting charts for her trying to xplain she needs to go today or wait til about Tuesday, but not sure she really believes it... :(

Hi guys...

Just started to snow quite moderately here.. so they are still getting well south of Bham.

Looking at the Radar they are still moving pretty steadily SE (instead of SSE as per yesterday), so more of us in the more central areas could see them before they move off to the Peak. District later

The showers are still packing into the Cheshire gap and they should reach here in 2 hours.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2