Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
2 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Those pictures are epic. This is defiantly turning into a Winter to remember in your location alone. Let's hope the rest of us can join you soon :santa-emoji:.

Fingers crossed for all of you!

I'm a bit alarmed by how little attention anyone round here pays to the weather. I mentioned it to two different lots of people on Wednesday and neither of them knew any snow or cold weather was in the offing. Today we mentioned it in the pharmacy and neither pharmacist nor customers knew about Sunday's Amber Warning... 

If we do get another 20+cm on sunday morning on top of the 6-8 inches we already have, then a lot of people are going to find themselves struggling as they won't necessarily have topped up electric or whatever... :( and will need to either go out into the snow without proper kit (I've seen some miserable souls in jeans and trainers and hoodies already) or try to manage without... 

We'll just keep an eye on the neighbours we know are elderly or have young children, and see if we can get them shopping or whatever... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

After around a cm of snow early this morning, we've only had a few flurries, missing out on the action. Lovely blue skies for quite a time this afternoon, before clouds drifted over from the north and sprinkled us with a little light snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
3 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Now the showers are heading in a different direction and looks like I may miss out to the south... couldn't make it up. Maybe I can catch the edge of a couple...

I could actually see the snow clouds passing to the west of me! Grump. Grump.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

Greetings from North West Poster.

Looks like Sunday south of Brum is rain. 

BBC 

n.jpg.8df57807cfdb9d8ee51f9b17b538e163.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just been out with a ruler like the silly big kid I am, something I very rarely get to do in Bewdley! Poor-quality photo attached -- just over 8cm, which is quite significant for these parts.

snowdepthdec2017.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Had a heavy shower in the last hour which started as graupel and then turned to heavy snow. Impressive covering from just one shower (just shows how those catching all the showers are knee deep in the stuff today). What was noticeable after the show was how quickly what did fall froze over. It got crispier as I walked the dog.

Pleased for Shropshire though, some amazing pictures from there. Sunday could prove to be memorable on top of a good base. Possible flooding by Wednesday though?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snow, 8am ish today! before winds turned more northerly, now winds bit more westerly, so hopefully rest of region to join in

IMGP0158.JPG

IMGP0159.JPG

IMGP0156.JPG

Posted

First time since March 2013 we've maintained a snow cover from sunrise to sunset here. (We haven't done so well on sunset to sunrise snow covers over the past 5 years either!)

Today is also the best weather day so far of 2017...shame on you summer storms!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

snow, 8am ish today! before winds turned more northerly, now winds bit more westerly, so hopefully rest of region to join in

Yes notice the winds more west/NW and the wind picked up too drifting from the west is a bonus.

A couple of heavy snow showers since temp dropped to -0.9c in the first prolonged shower making it the coldest temp of the winter so far.:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
5 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Becoming lighter again now after a pretty heavy burst. All surfaces recovered.

Hopefully that blob of snow should reach me - think we’re on the same trajectory..... ?

• Like 1

Posted

Some decent snow fell enough to white over the road, and still keeps coming!

IMG_0634.jpg

Posted

Just had a cracking 20/25 minute shower added easily 2 cm 

can see how some have had 20 cm

• Like 1

Posted

Hope things stay on track for the next flurry

hiradarzoomv42.pl.png

• Like 1