Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Still a fair amount coming in for those in the West. Hopefully us further east see some later on. 

Screenshot_20171208-105936.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Someone did say I had better post pics, when I said about how much I needed snow because I'd just finished making myself a new woollen winter skirt... when I went out this morning, my chap leant out the window and took this :)
image.thumb.png.1bbfbd0768da7bb3d9f0178338d2beba.png
So - there is proof that Bleak MidWinter is not so bleak in midwinter :D

• Like 4

Posted
Just now, Summer of 95 said:

Chucking down big flakes again

You're going to have to update that signature at the bottom of your posts, chum! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

To be honest its reached the point where i'm concerned i cant get my car out of the carpark at work. Starting to get reports that some roads in Shrewsbury are being closed (debate as to weather gritting was done) and some town schools closing.  Could be a very interesting day here, 

• Like 1

Posted

Well we already have the best part of 10cm in TF3, and it's still coming down and it's forecast to continue coming down all day, so if we get ANOTHER 15cm on Sunday we are basically going to have a foot of snow! 

Posted
1 minute ago, SalopWatcher said:

To be honest its reached the point where i'm concerned i cant get my car out of the carpark at work. Starting to get reports that some roads in Shrewsbury are being closed (debate as to weather gritting was done) and some town schools closing.  Could be a very interesting day here, 

Yep, many schools in Telford are closed now - when I went out earlier there was very little traffic and I met a few folk trudging back up the hill who said they'd tried to get to places and been stuck in traffic not moving for so long they came back... 

Hills + snow + lack of practice = not going anywhere...! 

We've just seen gritters out, which is good. 

Bacon egg and sausage before we go out early afternoon on foot, I think - we've a mile each way on an exposed path over some fields up a steep hill each way! :D

Posted

Looks like its still missing Solihull/Coventry by going just south of us. The next band over NW midlands/staffordshire looks like its following that path also. 

Hopefully a slight change to take it more NW to SE and we would also be in for more than a dusting :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

On top of what settles today/tomorrow, there could be a lot of snow around by Sunday/Monday! Amber from the MO too!

snowdepth_084.jpg

Posted
Just now, Brrrrr! said:

Looks like its still missing Solihull/Coventry by going just south of us. The next band over NW midlands/staffordshire looks like its following that path also. 

Hopefully a slight change to take it more NW to SE and we would also be in for more than a dusting :)

Wait till sunday we are in the amber warning for once!!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Yep, many schools in Telford are closed now - when I went out earlier there was very little traffic and I met a few folk trudging back up the hill who said they'd tried to get to places and been stuck in traffic not moving for so long they came back... 

Hills + snow + lack of practice = not going anywhere...! 

We've just seen gritters out, which is good. 

Bacon egg and sausage before we go out early afternoon on foot, I think - we've a mile each way on an exposed path over some fields up a steep hill each way! :D

Any idea how the M54 is? 

Posted

Just been outside onto Shrewsbury high street and it's white. I don't  think I've ever seen that even when it has snowed heavy. Busses have also been suspended. It's going to be a long day in work.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Cov87 said:

Wait till sunday we are in the amber warning for once!!

My hopes are already high. Slap bang in the middle of the Amber zone too.

Snow, Christmas and a City of Culture victory :) This is a good few days

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SalopWatcher said:

Any idea how the M54 is? 

I jsut went and looked out the north window as the M54 is usually just visible between trees as a glimpse, but of course it's snowing too hard to se more than 30 yards or so! 

My chap's just had a quick look, googling traffic cams and the M54 is clear at Junction 5, Telford Town Centre, and vn clearer at Junction 3 for Cosford. Very little traffic, moving freely, well-gritted. 

Getting ONTO the M54 might be trickier but we've just seen gritters out round here in TF3 so they are on the case :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Any chance of the winds shifting to include Stoke in the showers?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Crisp sunshine here now stunning winters day. Snow between 3 to 6 cm in places. Radar still looks good for later. Loving all the snow pics btw.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Brrrrr! said:

My hopes are already high. Slap bang in the middle of the Amber zone too.

Snow, Christmas and a City of Culture victory :) This is a good few days

To early to be getting our hopes up yet. As I've seen many times before snow forecast only to be left with a damp squid. Sorry to sound so negative but seen it many times before. However i hope I'm very very wrong 

Posted
4 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

I jsut went and looked out the north window as the M54 is usually just visible between trees as a glimpse, but of course it's snowing too hard to se more than 30 yards or so! 

My chap's just had a quick look, googling traffic cams and the M54 is clear at Junction 5, Telford Town Centre, and vn clearer at Junction 3 for Cosford. Very little traffic, moving freely, well-gritted. 

Getting ONTO the M54 might be trickier but we've just seen gritters out round here in TF3 so they are on the case :)

Cheers, I think as long as I can out of Shrewsbury should be fine to London, problem is Shrewsbury is knackered at the moment. Lots of roads closed, accidents on the key links. All the hills buggered. Fingers crossed its cleared up a bit by 4pm