Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
34 minutes ago, MKN said:

Matty (or anyone with snow) could you send me a video of it? Would like to get it on www.facebook.com/extremeweather.co

53441791734__3E271A45-79BE-4877-B8E7-B04E9FD5B7D1.MOV

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

image.thumb.png.54604786bcebdb6039ffe59836ecfa53.png0910 radar :D:D:D 

INCOMIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!

That red area is about to slam straight into here! Bring it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

This streamer is very narrow. Looks like Stoke will miss out but Quinton is getting plastered still. We seem to be the northerly line.

Posted

Just got into Shrewsbury town centre. A slight dusting of snow which is a slight dusting more than usual and the sun is out.

Posted

Just had some grauple to start my account off with - doesn't look like being long before I get a proper snow deposit :D

bhtw expect the size and direction of the streamer to change through the day - and remember showers are expected through tonight too.  So if you've not seen anything yet, doesn't mean you will miss out.   As for Sunday ..... don't plan a BBQ!  :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
2 minutes ago, RobR said:

This streamer is very narrow. Looks like Stoke will miss out but Quinton is getting plastered still. We seem to be the northerly line.

Yep Rob..

Was just about to post a similar post for here.  I am just ESE of Bham  and expected the streamer to centre on Bham as it moved SE.

However it is just clipping here with moderate snow falling, and black to the west, but blue sky just visible to the east.

An interesting day coming up with more streamers coming into the north of the region.

As Essan has just stated it is expected to swing slightly towards  a more WNW which would bring more of the Midlands into the firing line.

MIA

Posted

A couple of inches here on slightly elevated ground... I can see the A458 is stationary and my ex called to say the schools are closed and that its mayhem on the roads

image.jpg

Posted
5 minutes ago, shaky said:

Massive upgrade on the gfs 06z!!all snow event and gives 24 hours of snow!!madness!!

I hope you’re since I see you’re in Leicester ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
29 minutes ago, MKN said:

Doesnt seem to work for some reason

Weird it did when I clicked on it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

A good couple of inches in TF2 earlier, and the roads were pretty much gridlocked. Forty minutes to get from Donnington to the M54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

this will probably get reduced nearer the time but has us in Northamptonshire snow from 9am sunday to 9pm Monday really:) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather

Nice. Near white out conditions here and looking to those large radar returns over Cheshire with some anticipation.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A fantastic GFS 06z with snow for the whole Midlands on Sunday followed by more heavy snow and northerly gales bringing the risk of blizzards and drifting on Monday. A long way off but it is certainly getting me a bit excited.

Today's showers are miles to the west of here but I am hopeful of something tomorrow as the wind veers slightly more NW'ly bringing the feed of showers slightly further north.

Posted
14 minutes ago, shaky said:

Massive upgrade on the gfs 06z!!all snow event and gives 24 hours of snow!!madness!!

Let's hope we can go 48 hours without any changes. The last lot has trended south if that continues right up to +0 it may miss us altogether. On the flip side if it heads back further north we get rain. 

Posted

It’s stopped here at the mo but a good 3-4 inches everywhere 

Posted
8 minutes ago, MKN said:

Let's hope we can go 48 hours without any changes. The last lot has trended south if that continues right up to +0 it may miss us altogether. On the flip side if it heads back further north we get rain. 

Thats the only thing i am worried about now that it may skip just to the south of us!!best to keep an eye on the short term models such as hirlam,arpege etc from now on!!