Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion - 07/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
Just now, high ground birmingham said:

talk of marginality is nonsense. From later tonight until Sunday, anything that falls will be snow. The air coming is very cold. Even the BBC are not saying sleet and snow showers in their text forecasts but are saying 'snow showers'

Yes I believe anything out the sky after midnight will be snow. Of course altitude will help  anyone over 100m will deffo see snow  whether it will accumulate is another matter   150metre plus should see it pile up 200 plus and your laughing. If off course we get the precipitation 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, high ground birmingham said:

talk of marginality is nonsense. From later tonight until Sunday, anything that falls will be snow. The air coming is very cold. Even the BBC are not saying sleet and snow showers in their text forecasts but are saying 'snow showers'

Completely agree to many panicky people around. Just enjoy and chill

Posted
34 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Saturday looks our best day, Staffordshire, tomorrow we look being too far east for a dumping, but maybe not for a covering, but ground very wet

Agree with being too far east for tomorrow. Buy i'm sure we will at least see a dusting of the white stuff at the very least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

One of the best charts Ive ever seen.....Really a Snowmageddon scenario :shok:

Can't wait to see the precipitation Charts

ECM1-72_srw0.GIF

ECU1-72_qwm5.GIF

And here they are

171207_1200_66.png171207_1200_72.png171207_1200_78.png

SN:DW all day Sunday

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yes I believe anything out the sky after midnight will be snow. Of course altitude will help  anyone over 100m will deffo see snow  whether it will accumulate is another matter   150metre plus should see it pile up 200 plus and your laughing. If off course we get the precipitation 

You are laughing then I see!

Posted
Just now, high ground birmingham said:

You are laughing then I see!

Altitude wise yes  it's just if the showers get here  even more so in areas in brum . Frankly is around 240m . Radar watching now. It seems like there are not to many showers about which is good let the dp s drop first 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Altitude wise yes  it's just if the showers get here  even more so in areas in brum . Frankly is around 240m . Radar watching now. It seems like there are not to many showers about which is good let the dp s drop first 

Yeah we are around 240m, many a times it’s been sleet everywhere until I get near home and it’s all white. I’m sure the showers will pep up after say 11ish imo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Now debating whether to stay up for the pub run AND see the first snow showers... can't lamppost watch as we have non out 'ere in the countryside lol

Posted

I'm not sure it's even possible to get rain/sleet in this setup. Forget altitude. Although, of course the higher you up you are the heavier snow is likely to be.

Also disagree with Staffordshire being too far east on Friday. It is one of the best positioned places for a Cheshire Gap streamer. All the pros are saying Staffordshire and Shropshire will be hardest hit.

Posted
Just now, V for Very Cold said:

Now debating whether to stay up for the pub run AND see the first snow showers... can't lamppost watch as we have non out 'ere in the countryside lol

Market Drayton is my pick as the sweet spot for tomorrow, best of luck to you.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Staffordshire said:

Peaks my pick, Leek/Buxton area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
Just now, Staffordshire said:

funnily enough.... all the maps and runs are pointing that way..... here's hoping for a snow day and some time to take some pics  and play in the snow lol

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

I'm not sure it's even possible to get rain/sleet in this setup. Forget altitude. Although, of course the higher you up you are the heavier snow is likely to be.

Also disagree with Staffordshire being too far east on Friday. It is one of the best positioned places for a Cheshire Gap streamer. All the pros are saying Staffordshire and Shropshire will be hardest hit.

Shropshire and East wales, but the whole event, by monday night, Peak District over a foot

Posted
1 minute ago, Staffordshire said:

Would that not contradict the idea of us being too far east? Or are you referring to Sunday?

whole event really, they will get dumping Sunday

I am NW of you, but lower

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Talk of dew points -

MIne has just dropped  to 0.4C with an air temp of 3.5C under clear skies but a strong wind.

The temp was 6.5 at 17:00 so is falling like a stone now.

It has to be all snow by the time the showers arrive  here (looks like 21:00 from the latest radar).

Good luck to everyone although those charts for Sunday and more particularly Monday look like a huge drifts for the area after a fall of around 8 - 12 inches.

It could cause some disruption:bomb::cold::yahoo:  

MIA.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes weirpig, we are in the game, exciting few days ahead on here

We are. Hadn't looked at the 12z euro 4. But it is brilliant  fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Posted

In the game for now, models have been like a yoyo with this "slidergate" scenario,  too gar north, too far south, i'll be glad when its at T0z let's hope we all do get a snowmageddon! Was supposed to be going to winter wonderland on Sunday, hope it' our own winter wonderland here!! Sledge wax at the ready!:D

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Talk of dew points -

MIne has just dropped  to 0.4C with an air temp of 3.5C under clear skies but a strong wind.

The temp was 6.5 at 17:00 so is falling like a stone now.

It has to be all snow by the time the showers arrive  here (looks like 21:00 from the latest radar).

Good luck to everyone although those charts for Sunday and more particularly Monday look like a huge drifts for the area after a fall of around 8 - 12 inches.

It could cause some disruption:bomb::cold::yahoo:  

MIA.

We're at 4'c and dew point of -0.2'c here now, so the next stuff to fall should be snow :-D

• Like 1