Missjac

Would you have a problem with this?

I teach year 2 and never let children go to the toilet during lessons, would this rule bother you as a parent?

nope, they must learn that there are specific times for toilet, and that going in lessons is disruptive.

of course the obvious omission is illness.

33 minutes ago, Missjac said:

I teach year 2 and never let children go to the toilet during lessons, would this rule bother you as a parent?

We were nearly always allowed to go during lessons if we needed to...that was in the 1960s though!:santa-emoji:

I'm sure the teachers knew who was genuine and who was 'taking the pi$$'!:oops:

PS: Otherwise, I agree with mushy...

Edited by Ed Stone

Back in the 50s our toilets were open cesspits at school with absolutely no privacy. One day I ended up with poo running down my legs rather than go during playtime.

Another time at secondary during a triple period I had backflow to the kidneys because I couldn't get a wee. Still get bother 50 or more years on.

No, absolutely kids must be allowed access to toilets if they are genuine. How can anyone concentrate on a lesson if they are sitting in fear with legs clenched?

• Like 4

They get plenty of reminders and breaks do go.

One of the mums were upset because I made her daughter wait all afternoon and was busting on the way home in the car.

She should have gone at lunch.

Why not go after I dismissed the class if she was that busting?

You join a weather forum and immediately want to discuss children's toilet habits...?

• Haha 3

I would have a problem if one of my kids shat themselves because of a jobsworth with their stupid jobsworth rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Missjac said:

They get plenty of reminders and breaks do go.

One of the mums were upset because I made her daughter wait all afternoon and was busting on the way home in the car.

She should have gone at lunch.

Why not go after I dismissed the class if she was that busting?

do you have kids of your own?

• Like 1

If a parent told their child to wait and have no toilet breaks until THEY said social services would get involved !! Funny how teachers get away with being mean to children and not have social services on their backs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

If a parent told their child to wait and have no toilet breaks until THEY said social services would get involved !! Funny how teachers get away with being mean to children and not have social services on their backs 

Stop your kids and you would be on social services s hit list. pardon the pun, yet we can't disrupt a precious lesson can we, to go to the toilet...joke.

• Like 1

I detest schools and their rules !! They make it all up as they go !! Most teachers are nothing more than bullies 

• Like 2

And year 2 ??? That’s a 6-7 year olds and you don’t let them go for a toilet break ??? Can understand year 10s ! Seriously....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is disruptive to have children leaving lessons, the longest they go without a chance is a couple of hours. As I said I remind them before every break.

• Like 1

No children of my own. If they have been at break they should have no problem lasting the length of a lesson.

If they have a medical note I let them go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Missjac said:

No children of my own. If they have been at break they should have no problem lasting the length of a lesson.

what a load of cobblers.......if any teacher tried stopping my 6 year old daughter from using the loo, it would be the teacher that would be p**sing their pants by the time I'd have finshed with them :fool:

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have kids but i don't like where schools are going, bunch of busy body know it alls, who need to butt out and let parents do their thing.

Little kids find it harder to control their bladder? I think your set rules are ridiculous a 15-16 year old fair enough. When I was a nipper I had an ‘accident’ because my teacher didn’t let me go, humiliating! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Missjac said:

exactly then you have no clue about children..if you did that to my kids i would flush your head down the said toilet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

what a load of cobblers.......if any teacher tried stopping my 6 year old daughter from using the loo, it would be the teacher that would be p**sing their pants by the time I'd have finshed with them :fool:

It is disruptive to have a child leave class. Teachers don't leave lessons either. If a child has been at break they can manage until the next break.

8 minutes ago, Missjac said:

I think you should re think your job !! And if or when you become a parent you would most definitely agree with us all here !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Missjac said:

It is disruptive to have a child leave class. Teachers don't leave lessons either. If a child has been at break they can manage until the next break.

rubbish, and I think you're on the troll...............requesting a mod lock this thread and review your account

• Like 1

Locking this. I find it more disturbing that you chose to join a weather forum to discuss the toilet habits of young children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1