Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2017/18 Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire & Norfolk

Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
8 hours ago, alibabba said:

The bbc  never ever get the weather right in skegness since dumping the met office so I don't take any notice of them anymore. I think the North Sea is going to feed those showers in and over us but we will see. I have bought extra bags of coal and wacked a few extra loaves of bread in the freezer. Hubby says that the last snow event from the east which was severe (late 90's) the town was virtually cut off. it does help that we have our own pub in the garden so if we get snowed in then its pints all round! lol

We were cut off for about 5 days in 1991 - you could sledge down middle of the A16 at East Keal at 4 in the afternoon.  I remember walking three miles into Spilsby to pick up someone’s prescription and the drifts making it difficult to pick out the route of the road.

The latest UKMO is astonishing.  People throw the words ‘blizzard’ and ‘whiteout’ around on here without really knowing what either mean, but the UKMO produces a run that might generate blizzard conditions for us - I can’t remember The last time we had a genuine blizzard here.  Certainly not since the early 90’s I’d guess.

• Like 3

Posted

My daughter buses from skeggy to Alford Grammar for sixth form Ive warned her to expect a few days off...such a smile on her face. Fingers crossed eh !???❄?⛄

Posted
1 minute ago, alibabba said:

My daughter buses from skeggy to Alford Grammar for sixth form Ive warned her to expect a few days off...such a smile on her face. Fingers crossed eh !???❄?⛄

my daughter gets the bus from Spalding to Boston, she is also hoping for some days off, lol

• Like 1

Posted

I tweeted met office earlier  asking about lincs this was their reply "Hi Alison, we should be getting some weather warnings in place in the next day or two, the East of England will be receiving some snow fall so i'd advise keeping up to date with the forecast ^Mia"

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, alibabba said:

I tweeted met office earlier  asking about lincs this was their reply "Hi Alison, we should be getting some weather warnings in place in the next day or two, the East of England will be receiving some snow fall so i'd advise keeping up to date with the forecast ^Mia"

well the first warnings are up, so all looking good so far, well, if you like the cold and snow that is, lol

• Like 1

Posted

here is hoping to another day of fab model viewing, and no downgrades, although it would not surprise me if there were some since things have been so good for so long now

Posted

Lovely, crisp late Winter's day out there today, but it's raw in the wind, and it's only going to get colder.  I've re-arranged my meeting in the office at Lincoln from Wednesday to Monday, as I'm not fancying driving over The Wolds home on Wednesday night if I'm honest.  

uksnowrisk Wed nite.png

• Like 1

Posted

wel,l here we go guys, tonight onward we will be lamp post watching lol as I am on the coast and probably liable to see any snow first I will keep everyone updated on whats dropping from the sky tonight. Good luck lets hope lincolnshire gets a real pasting from this :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

definitely looking good for those the other side of The Wash, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for something over here too, good look all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

i see an upgrade to an amber warning for Tuesday am - Lincs Wolds look good but anywhere could get a decent covering - gonna be bitter cold though whatever

Posted
25 minutes ago, Candice Bartley said:

I'm from Grimsby.. how do you think we willdo over here 

Included in the Amber snow warning for Tuesday.  It’ll be cold enough for snow, even right on the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and sunshine

Light snow showers developing over the North Sea now. 

419254AF-AEC9-41BB-8C6A-E225D45A15D0.jpeg

Posted

Good morning all

well it has began the snow starved region is starting to get its first meaningful snow fall and about time too after having to watch the rest of the country since December get there White stuff. But the wait will be worth it this week already a dusting and a fully loaded radar.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder & wind to create waves

First fairly heavy snow shower here (5 miles from Kings coast). Started at about 6 am ust as was going out with the dog. Very quickly a dusting to light covering. Snow blowing around straight away. Definitely no marginality today. Wow it is cold in that wind

Posted

Moderate snow fall at the moment and the grass is virtually submerge beneath a covering, as forecast it looks like a day of snow showers quickly topping up the depths

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Good covering here after latest heavy shower passed through 

sky looks full of it and hardly a breathe of wind 

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F