Jump to content

Winter 2017/18 Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire & Norfolk


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We were cut off for about 5 days in 1991 - you could sledge down middle of the A16 at East Keal at 4 in the afternoon.  I remember walking three miles into Spilsby to pick up someone’s prescription an

This is the total of my overnight snowfall in east Peterborough a few frozen flakes ?

I tweeted met office earlier  asking about lincs this was their reply "Hi Alison, we should be getting some weather warnings in place in the next day or two, the East of England will be receiving some

Posted Images

Good afternoon fellow posters.

Living in Chelmsford I usually look at and occasionally post in the southeast/east anglia thread. 

I would, however appreciate comments re tomorrow. My wife and I were intending to drive up to Godmanchester tomorrow morning to take Christmas cards/presents  to my son's/girlfriend's relations and then travel with them up to Stamford to look around the town. A poster from Cambridge wrote yesterday that I would be fine as Huntingdon has a snow umbrella but I am wondering what it will be like for the second part of the journey. Also I have to bear in mind that I also have to get back home to mid Essex later in the day.

Kind Regards

Dave 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Good afternoon fellow posters.

Living in Chelmsford I usually look at and occasionally post in the southeast/east anglia thread. 

I would, however appreciate comments re tomorrow. My wife and I were intending to drive up to Godmanchester tomorrow morning to take Christmas cards/presents  to my son's/girlfriend's relations and then travel with them up to Stamford to look around the town. A poster from Cambridge wrote yesterday that I would be fine as Huntingdon has a snow umbrella but I am wondering what it will be like for the second part of the journey. Also I have to bear in mind that I also have to get back home to mid Essex later in the day.

Kind Regards

Dave 

Take care as you are likely to start seeing the snow I'd say particularly north of Hunts and Cambridge. Stamford could well be the snowiest spot in this whole region I'd have thought, so take care. Stamford is superbly stunning when covered in snow though! So enjoy it. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Take care as you are likely to start seeing the snow I'd say particularly north of Hunts and Cambridge. Stamford could well be the snowiest spot in this whole region I'd have thought, so take care. Stamford is superbly stunning when covered in snow though! So enjoy it. 

bugger, i was hoping you were going to say Spalding was going to be the snowiest spot, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sparky1972 said:

bugger, i was hoping you were going to say Spalding was going to be the snowiest spot, lol

I'm 95% confident we shall see a decent amount all across the board now, but given Stamfords western extent and slightly elevated topography, it will fare better I'd have thought 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I'm 95% confident we shall see a decent amount all across the board now, but given Stamfords western extent and slightly elevated topography, it will fare better I'd have thought 

like you i am fairly sure we will all see some snow at some point, temp is now dropping away so thats a start from an afternoon high of 2.4c its currently 1.5c with a dew point of -0.4c, so fingers crossed we shall be on the right side of marginal

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Take care as you are likely to start seeing the snow I'd say particularly north of Hunts and Cambridge. Stamford could well be the snowiest spot in this whole region I'd have thought, so take care. Stamford is superbly stunning when covered in snow though! So enjoy it. 

Hello there.

Thanks for your reply.

We have decided to risk it if we are not snowed in at home. I hear that they have a very festive town centre and that there is free parking nearby, which is always a bonus. As I am retired if the weather is too bad we will find somewhere to stay overnight.

Kind Regards

Dave

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, claret047 said:

Hello there.

Thanks for your reply.

We have decided to risk it if we are not snowed in at home. I hear that they have a very festive town centre and that there is free parking nearby, which is always a bonus. As I am retired if the weather is too bad we will find somewhere to stay overnight.

Kind Regards

Dave

Enjoy your day and stay safe on the roads.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looking like a snow to rain event here to unfortunately. Getting up at around 4am to prepare to see if any flakes fall but even if it does briefly settle i can't imagine more then a dusting before the rain moves in and melts it all away. As long as i see some nice snow fall for longer then 5 minutes that gives a dusting on the roofs i'll be happy enough, can't have everything your own way i guess!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Bourne we are just inside the Amber warning after today's 11am update but the way the day has progressed we may just be on the edge of the precipitation by morning. Here's hoping for a slight push north east! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparky1972 said:

its looking very marginal here, cloudy skies helping hold the temps up, very light winds, not holding out much hope for snow but rain looks certain

What’s your temperature Sparky?  It’s -2 here so   We should be OK for a while once it all arrives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Just Before Dawn said:

Fingers crossed the cloud cover dissipates for you.  It was cloudy here until about 9pm, so hopefully it happens for you overnight.

fingers crossed mate, hope you get to see some snow tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dapick2002 said:

The ground is now covered so I guess it's just a question of what depth now! Could still do with a push north for the heavier stuff for a longer duration. 

The forecast is that you should see a few hours more yet however I think your on the border line of the last amber alert so could go either way

LO

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...