Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2017/18 Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire & Norfolk

Lincs Observation

Posted

Ok just come back from dropping my son at the train station, already I have passed a car that has gone off the road on the way from south Kyme toward north Kyme, Ruskington roads are pretty bad especially the bridge and lane near the train station.. The main roads are drivable at this time while rush hour traffic is on them however as the traffic eases and the snow keeps falling I can only see conditions getting worse.

we currently have steady snow fall here in Kyme and starting to get heavier.

off to Boston in the next hour to get some plumbing supplies so could be an interesting journey

LO

Posted

boston and kirton loads of snow,  us snow starved people of Moulton, nr Spalding, 1 flake, going to be painful seeing and hearing about the snow fun others are going to have, oh well, enjoy all,  bring on the spring and warmth, lol.

Posted
4 minutes ago, topher41 said:

Showers are fairly constant here in Boston with the odd break ,didn't think we was getting anything today so quite surprised,couple of centimetres already 

nothing here now,  sun starting to break through, temp climbing so going to be a bust here

Posted

well this snowy spell is very quickly becomming an embarrasing bust for all the pro weather forecasters, we have hardly seen a flake today yet the forecast was for heavy snow, the amber warning has gone for tomorrow but not until Boston college decided to close tomorrow because of the weather forecast and i am now going to have my dau home all day, whinging, lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and not to hot

We had a few snow showers today, but I think we will miss out as per norm for a good dusting. Be happy to be proved wrong tho

Posted

for all the promise on the radar even this evening its been a very disappointing day re snowfall, all the covering from this morning is all but gone with just a fluffy now and again to show willing, i think Friday is our day for any meaningful snow fall

LO

Posted

good morning all, pleasent surprise this morning, an inch of snow on the ground, all looks very pretty, will be gone once the sun gets to work, oh for a wash streamer to set up and we get shower after shower, but thats being greedy, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Morning all - slight covering overnight and medium snow falling now turning heavier. Some beefy showers on the radar as well 

still no real wind to speak of 

Posted

steady snow fall here this morning after a quiet night, ruskington had white out conditions for around ten mins this morning on my way back from the train station, i think we could see more beefy showers today, however the predicted wind speed has dropped a tad.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder & wind to create waves

We had a really good thin but long shower here from about 3:30pm. Aligned perfectly for Manby and we had reasonably heavy snow for nearly an hour. About five other decent showers since lunchtime but was melting in the sun. After the last one have 2 to 3 inches where has been in the shade all day. Had a great snowball fight with kids so all fairly happy. Has somewhat restored my faith in the beast and hope decent prospect of more significant snow in the next 24 to 36 hours.  Then see what the weekend brings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Drove through Stamford earlier and I estimate that there was a good 3-4 inches on the tops of some cars and at that point it was still really hammering down, 10 miles south in Peterborough it had virtually gone apart from some favoured sheltered spots. 

Still a lot to be hopeful for though (he says with his fingers crossed.....)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder & wind to create waves

Snowing hard in Manby now. Blowing around quite a lot as well. Hard to tell about totals because getting blown off exposed surfaces. Probably 4 to 5 inches though with power to add. New snow on what was packed snow and ice at 9pm last night so some roads not going to be good. Not really sure why the Amber does not extend all the way up the Lincs coast given what it is like here and at the radar

Posted

Fair bit of Snow has fallen across the regions overnight, driving is difficult around the hills in Lincoln, the wolds and Boston to the coast. However the main issues seem to be around the A1 at Stamford. plenty of beefy showers to come this morning although things are expected to ease as we move into the afternoon.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

About three inches fell overnight in Louth, which will make my drive out to Saltfleetby this morning fun and games, but it's certainly the deepest snow we've had since 2013.  Looking at the radar, It looks like it's going to be a tricky old day...

Posted

nice covering this morning, loverly sunshine right now but chilly, not sure if we are going to see anymore snow today, but its been a good end to winter as my son has his first snowday, so excited he does not have to go to school.

Posted

Chaos round Bourne today meaning a lot of us have our first snow day in years. 70 mins to get from town centre to outskirts (1 mile max) We have 5 1/2 inches of fresh snow in the back garden and about 7 out front where yesterday's hadn't melted fully. 

20180228_092910.jpg

• Like 1