Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2017/18 Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire & Norfolk

Lincs Observation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Looks marginal for tomorrow night / Wednesday- again will miss out as too far south or North depending on which view you take 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

The models this morning are interesting to say the least - it might be that we should be more concerned about the very deep depression crossing just to the north of us (at the moment!) as our area is on the immediate southern flank and we end up with severe gales overnight Wednesday into Thursday.  It’ll probably adjust N or S over the next few days, but the 06z GFS this morning had us on the wrong end sustained wind speeds well over 50mph with gusts over 80.  One to watch.  If it adjusts south and we end up on the N flank, the wind risk is probably lower but it might mean a greater snow risk.  Lively week potentially coming up.

• Like 2

Posted

Well the South Lincolnshire snow shield is holding fine day here today a lot better than was forecast, the sun is splitting the stones and has been very pleasant with a cool wind. Looks like all the action is in the North of the region.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder & wind to create waves

We have a covering of snow this morning.  Was snowing at 22:00 but light and not settling. Must have had at least one hefty shower over night.  Not bad I suppose at sea level for near the Lincolnshire coast given that only slightly north of a westerly and uppers generally no colder than -6.

Posted

Some possibly extremely windy conditions for our region coming overnight. Seems like nobody really knows what could happen but peak gusts could range from 50mph up to 75mph+

Posted

Possibly the first and only snow event of the winter coming up tomorrow for some of us, best of luck to all I know some of us have been waiting years for it to come!

Personally being next to The Wash I think I'm out of luck again and I can't see any snow settling even if it does fall, but hopefully i'm proven wrong. For areas of our region away from immediate coast I think a couple hours of snow before a transition back to rain is on the cards. If anybody is around tomorrow I'll probably be in this thread talking to myself or out in the snow if it happens! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

lets hope so Delka but very marginal i would say - be nice ot see if just for a couple of hours

Posted

I'm staying hopeful and optimistic of falling snow, localised 1-2cm away from the coast maybe before the rain pushes in..

Posted

Precipitation starting to push in now. Light snow possible for the few hours infront of the main band.. I'm hoping that this lighter stuff picks up in intensity a bit more to bring us all more then a dusting or that it stays as snow as the main band starts to push through.. It's definitely going to be a nowcasting event. Good luck all.

Capture.thumb.JPG.faad29dc4c2e9f6e85da6dd2cf5dd8be.JPGcCapture.thumb.JPG.328e12ae86706c3ff0a46885d93a50df.JPG

Posted

It keeps turning back to sleet. Don't expect too much,  it's very marginal here, as only the heavier bursts are snow, otherwise mostly drizzle with a few flakes.

Posted
49 minutes ago, Arnie1965 said:

Light snow now falling in Swaton Sleaford

yep light stuff here too, one observation is that the frost is still very evident from last night and its 10.40am that tells me that the air temp is still quite cold.

LO

Posted

Nice to hear that others are seeing something falling even though it's light. Precip is reluctant to cross The Wash and every time I feel like it's finally heading over it decides not to.. Seems like temps will be too high here near the sea once it finally reaches here so I'm out of the game unfortunately :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
53 minutes ago, Delka said:

Nice to hear that others are seeing something falling even though it's light. Precip is reluctant to cross The Wash and every time I feel like it's finally heading over it decides not to.. Seems like temps will be too high here near the sea once it finally reaches here so I'm out of the game unfortunately :oops:

Light snizzle now in Dersingham -- falling at a rate of 0.1mm per hour -- looks like our snow shield holds once again.  Would have been nice to see for an hour or two.

Posted

It’s very slight snizzle here at the moment, but it remains very cold, which is a hopeful sign.

Posted

Been snowing steadily here in Bourne last few hours here which I wasn't expecting at such a low level. Heavier band gradually creeping in so maybe a cm or 2 before it turns to rain. 

20180121_121511.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Three hours worth of snow here at my Dad’s near Spilsby and it does look like it starting to accumulate even on minor roads.  Nice!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Not sure what happened yesterday at my location it was warm yet suddenly severe hailstorm hit around 3 mill in diameter.  Noticed on radar looked like a small squall line from Goole to just off the coast into north sea.  Then suddenly really heavy outburst of rain only lasted few minutes but strange convection.   Noticed nobody else reporting this so very localized.  Did anybody else get this yesterday think it was just gone 1pm.

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F