Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2017/18 Lincolnshire, Cambridgeshire & Norfolk

Lincs Observation

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lincs Observation said:

Steady snow fall here in south Kyme I can officially say we are now White like I said when I started this thread we were likely to be on the marginal side but snow is snow right

LO

sure is mate, my son is already playing outside, making the most of it before it rains, which according to the met office is going to be 11am

Edited by sparky1972
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

It's started snowing now but it's extremely light - the marginality is demonstrated by the fact that it's really coming down in Ludford, about 10 miles west of me but here we have intermittent light stuff.

Posted
1 minute ago, Just Before Dawn said:

It's started snowing now but it's extremely light - the marginality is demonstrated by the fact that it's really coming down in Ludford, about 10 miles west of me but here we have intermittent light stuff.

A crumb of comfort may be that it was light here from 8 - 9 now the fall i would say is moderate, all but the roads are white now in the village so stick with it

LO

Posted
1 minute ago, Lincs Observation said:

A crumb of comfort may be that it was light here from 8 - 9 now the fall i would say is moderate, all but the roads are white now in the village so stick with it

LO

Thanks LO - it's fine though, last week we had a wonderful day of really beefy snow showers right on the coast which was the first decent lying snow we'd had since 2013, so if this one fizzles out over me, I can live with that if more snow-starved bits of our patch do better.  Share and share alike, I say!

Posted
Just now, Just Before Dawn said:

Thanks LO - it's fine though, last week we had a wonderful day of really beefy snow showers right on the coast which was the first decent lying snow we'd had since 2013, so if this one fizzles out over me, I can live with that if more snow-starved bits of our patch do better.  Share and share alike, I say!

yeah that was a good day for you weirdly im only 25mins from the wolds and we saw nothing that day at all. In fact this is the first meaningful snowfall since 2015 for us down here

LO

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder & wind to create waves

Hi Just Before Dawn. Same for me. Good number of heavy showers and about 5 cm of snow here last day of Nov. Drove from Louth to Skeg for work that day very pretty and good fun. Ludford seems to be the place to be though as went there for work on morning of the 1st and there was quite a lot of snow there then. Whilst I am happy for everyone else bit disappointing. With it being Sunday I would have been able to take kids n sledges to Hubbard's Hills in Louth. That being an opportunity I never missed when I was growing up.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowing offshore said:

Hi Just Before Dawn. Same for me. Good number of heavy showers and about 5 cm of snow here last day of Nov. Drove from Louth to Skeg for work that day very pretty and good fun. Ludford seems to be the place to be though as went there for work on morning of the 1st and there was quite a lot of snow there then. Whilst I am happy for everyone else bit disappointing. With it being Sunday I would have been able to take kids n sledges to Hubbard's Hills in Louth. That being an opportunity I never missed when I was growing up.

Well, don't write it off just yet, as LO predicted, it's starting to beef up a little now.  Whereabouts do you live, SO?

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted
22 minutes ago, Lincs Observation said:

yeah that was a good day for you weirdly im only 25mins from the wolds and we saw nothing that day at all. In fact this is the first meaningful snowfall since 2015 for us down here

LO

Excellent.  Pleased for you.  I work in Lincoln, so at least my drive to work tomorrow should be picturesque.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Snow line is around the swaffham area that's for sure, just turned white all of a sudden, getting better the further west I drive. Norwich had rain entirely, so I feel bad for the easterners of this thread 

Posted

Cheers. Yes we never know. Is getting a bit heavier here but also a bit warmer. 

Posted

Hunstanton had a brief period of graupel/almost snow earlier that left a dusting before it stopped completely for half hour, it's just straightup raining now though and it's all completely melted.

Posted

Still snowing here pretty much the same as last few hours. Up to at least 4cm on paths and roads and sleet symbols disappeared from meto app for us with it now showing heavy snow on and off until 6pm. Fingers crossed!

15129016655612092409873.jpg

Posted

Quite heavy now in Manby. But unfortunately it is just slightly sticky rain. Curse you warm North Sea and our full nine metres of elevation.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowing offshore said:

Quite heavy now in Manby. But unfortunately it is just slightly sticky rain. Curse you warm North Sea and our full nine metres of elevation.

Yep, raining here too now. 

Posted

Well thats all folks the temps have risen and the snow has turned to sleet and soon to rain, was a bit disappointing really but expected for those who had a good dumping enjoy it may be a while until we get another crack.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Strange weather here just now as walking back home - light snow but not a cloud in the sky - stars all around. Weird 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Models giving the possibility of a snow event on the 27th that could impact us, although it's looking rather marginal at present - worth keeping an eye on the model thread over the next couple of days.

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F