Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Davis Vantage Vue - Help needed getting online.

Posted

I have a Davis Vantage Vue with data logger and Weather Link software, its not so much that I cannot get on,line with it, its live now on Weatherlink, but I think you have to sign in to see all the data? I wanted to make it live and free to view, and another problem I have is its only live when connected to the PC which is not always on.

Any help on going live with my data 24/7 without login needed would be appreciated, as I am clueless :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

I don't know Weatherlink, but I use Weather Display and you can set up a live Wunderground feed from there. That is free to view, but only selected data - see here https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IWALESLL7&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash.

There are also a couple of apps you can use on your phone to see your data in real time (3 second intervals, anyway).

Not sure if that helps?

Posted

Oh, and without buying an IP logger (or something like that) you have to have your PC on for data to get online.

Posted
11 minutes ago, in the vale said:

I don't know Weatherlink, but I use Weather Display and you can set up a live Wunderground feed from there. That is free to view, but only selected data - see here https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IWALESLL7&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash.

There are also a couple of apps you can use on your phone to see your data in real time (3 second intervals, anyway).

Not sure if that helps?

I will checkout Wunderground, but think I will need some form of IP logger? I guess that will plug straight into my router??  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just buy a cheap notebook or laptop and keep it running permanently. It doesn't use a lot of power. Or get an rPi. I keep my gaming pc on all the time as it runs Cumulus. If you want near-realtime data (like mine) you'll need to purchase some web hosting.

Posted

I just have my console mounted by my PC which I keep on 24/7 - that works just fine. Wunderground rapid fire updates at the same frequency as my station (3 secs) without the need for web hosting - all depends on who you are presenting the data for. Mapantz has a nice professional-looking web portal, but mine is for my use (and other Wunderground viewers) so it's horses for courses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Thanks, and for you lot :)

Weather Display and Cumulus have their own sets of templates. So, as soon as you have hosting, you can initiate the software to upload those web templates, and then you and everybody else can view them.
This is the standard web template that Cumulus offers: http://home2.btconnect.com/peterrandle/Weather/index.htm

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Weather Display and Cumulus have their own sets of templates. So, as soon as you have hosting, you can initiate the software to upload those web templates, and then you and everybody else can view them.
This is the standard web template that Cumulus offers: http://home2.btconnect.com/peterrandle/Weather/index.htm

Thanks, I am on it :)