Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Model Output Discussion - cold spell to end Autumn

Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what - I havent seen 1 hopecast on here. People have put all their points of view across in a pretty good mannor- infact its been pretty good debate. The only post that sticks out a mile

Still coming slowly off a cautious fence Long term total global atmospheric angular momentum trends can tell you a lot about pattern changes due to the effects the rises and falls in global wind-

Afternoon All - A frantic few days on here with pages & pages of posts flying through in a matter of hours- I think we have 2 main discussion points at the moment-  1) The short to

Posted Images

The reason why the slider is further N is due to weak +ve heights in the Greenland area are more diluted compared to 12z thus its not forced south as much this can easily evolve. 

Edited by Daniel*

Another shift  I think  and ill stick my neck out.  We will get something between the Ecm and Gfs 18z    my call will be the middle third of the country  with perhaps  south Yorkshire getting the brunt of it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes slight shift north on the 18z but all subject to change

You guys down south be carefull what you wish for? Couple inch of snow and you lot be stranded and making national news headlines! !!:rofl:

Edited by swfc
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Dont worry mate 06z & 18z =early blocking fail 

wait to the 00z

post that GFS now alligning similar to the ECM Demonstrating this could be a LONG cold spell-

Steve you reckon we get heights slightly higher again on the 00z run around iceland!!

14 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The reason why the slider is further N is due to weak +ve heights in the Greenland area are more diluted compared to 12z thus its not forced south as much this can easily evolve. 

+ve heights are weaker @greenland on 18z.

Although there is more energy modeledoff the south west..

This will 'impede' the track and hold things on a more northern slant/exaction 

Edit: and just yet a few more complexities, that are YET To be resolved.

Edited by tight isobar