Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - cold spell to end Autumn

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal (Continental)
2 hours ago, gottolovethisweather said:

EDIT: Here's the t+60 Fax Chart, see what I mean. :shok: Bleedin interesting setup, I say. :good:

Would you be kind enough  to say why?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
44 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Looking through those (probably overexagerated) snow charts on weather.us - EC 12Z ensembles out to Monday - that slider low is nothing for uncertainty on this new event!! We have up to a foot of snow and no consensus at all on where it's going. Some go SW. Some go central south. A few go SE. Only about 20% fail to produce heavy snow south of the M4. And we're now inside T72!

Going by that then central southern England looking good lol. You can of course be certain that the 20% will be correct on this occasion  :nonono:

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Going by that then central southern England looking good lol. You can of course be certain that the 20% will be correct on this occasion  :nonono:

I really hope you get to see some snow there in Dorset otherwise I might start a funding page to get you to Lapland! :D

A positive that might help those towards the south coast is the flow being off shore re that low at T72hrs, so less issues than say if the flow was se with dew points lower with that more ne flow.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
6 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I really hope you get to see some snow there in Dorset otherwise I might start a funding page to get you to Lapland! :D

A positive that might help those towards the south coast is the flow being off shore re that low at T72hrs, so less issues than say if the flow was se with dew points lower with that more ne flow.

I’m half way to talking the wife into a trip to the midlands with the kids tomorrow and a hotel stay, with the promise of shopping on Sunday!! Luckily she never watches the weather! Snigger snigger! Fingers crossed :rofl:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
6 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Hear hear. I hope any newbies on here take heed of this. Madden is a charlatan who has zero clue about meteorology, and I am very disappointed that his name is getting any credit here.

Nick I totally agree. Even a blind Squirrel will eventually stumble upon an acorn.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
38 minutes ago, Delka said:

Probably my favourite outcome so far, bringing heavy snowfall to many with the whole of East Anglia joining in on the act too! Unfortunately unlikely to happen but it's some lovely eye candy for some..

hirlamuk-1-44-0.png

hirlamuk-1-46-0.png

hirlamuk-1-48-0.png

38 minutes ago, Delka said:

Probably my favourite outcome so far, bringing heavy snowfall to many with the whole of East Anglia joining in on the act too! Unfortunately unlikely to happen but it's some lovely eye candy for some..

hirlamuk-1-44-0.png

hirlamuk-1-46-0.png

hirlamuk-1-48-0.png

what's the point of these charts if they don't come to fruition?  There is no point.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Arpege keeps the bulk of Monday's rain over in Europe with Kent and parts of the south coast the only areas which clip it

66_ukpreciptype.thumb.png.d2c295e437763556e052051eeb69b1f0.png70_ukpreciptype.thumb.png.aed14a734bf3dab8ca13494cd0882a66.png74_ukpreciptype.thumb.png.5691fc6403c890d3d91e92817ee4d1a9.png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted

This slider low has turned into Play Your Cards Right!

Instead of couples you've got the southern v northern contingent. Each output is met with desperate pleas of higher or lower or in this case go north or go south!

Given the timeframes its less likely you'll get any big corrections but still room for some changes.

Anyway the next instalment of the slider low saga or better named attention seeking  model celebrity will soon be  arriving! :D:cold-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
47 minutes ago, Delka said:

hirlamuk-1-44-0.png

hirlamuk-1-46-0.png

hirlamuk-1-48-0.png

1st one looks like a pair of bleedin' specs, long way off for detail yet though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE
5 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

This slider low has turned into Play Your Cards Right!

Instead of couples you've got the southern v northern contingent. Each output is met with desperate pleas of higher or lower or in this case go north or go south!

Given the timeframes its less likely you'll get any big corrections but still room for some changes.

Anyway the next instalment of the slider low saga or better named attention seeking  model celebrity will soon be  arriving! :D:cold-emoji:

Nothing for a pair not in this game:rofl:

Posted

Quick take on ECM ensembles - generally more reluctance to get the Atlantic back by D10 with many members starting to beef up an eastern block (not a majority) - by D15, more of the zonal members have won through.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Mondays low is further South as well and not so deep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
6 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Of course there is a point - that is what the model thread is all about - looking at charts that we dream would come to fruition. They are as valid as any. It's hardly as if those charts are in FI!

(note - the only chart that ever really comes to fruition is T+0)

that's exactly it though....a dream.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
5 minutes ago, snow freak said:

that's exactly it though....a dream.

Somebody's dreams will come true on Sunday. I believe:reindeer-emoji:

Edited by winterof79
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Mondays low is further South as well and not so deep

Yes, think EC is way out here, SS posted short range model too