Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - cold spell to end Autumn

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Monday's low looks nasty heavy rain for the south but also the chance of some heavy snow in places

06_75_mslp500.thumb.png.f055ea443962bfe4a265e0aa96b10159.png06_75_preciptype.thumb.png.e180997089d4f5866930a842790285c0.png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Epic snowstorm for someone...

IMG_2212.thumb.PNG.fd40a181b47bec07b7c55f0b764dbe94.PNG

Or no one come Monday !!

the sypnotic evolution really should be a snow delivery system but without having a good few days of embedded cold in place it’s a struggle. The knife edge scenarios often bring the best reward so we will see on Monday who are the winners. 

The envelope on the sliding system between the south coast and line Carlisle to Newcastle, with M4 to M62 in the higher probability. 

• Like 1

Posted

Great runs again for midlands and the south-

Dreadful news for mby these corrections south are basically  putting my location out of the game- 

Still, best of luck to the lucky peeps who get plastered !! :)

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 hours ago, lewis clark said:

Just a quick question if anyone can help, does anyone know which model xc weather use for their forecasts, i use them alot for winds and they are normally always spot on 3 or 4 days out, just curious?  Anyway interesting watching the last few weeks  i havnt a clue on charts and models  but love cold weather and am sure this winters going to be different....

Gfs, which is going to change considerably soon as the snow line in the 6z has moved quite a bit more south. 

• Like 1

Posted

84-780UK.GIF?08-6

Not often you see almost everywhere south of Cumbria white - if it happens.

This is up to T84 and, apart from snow in the SW which is a new development, in fair agreement with ECM snow analysis for that time - but not ARGEPE.

Areas around the Welsh border look like being seriously affected, with up to a foot of snow falling by the end of Monday. Some ECM ensembles have over 24 inches in this region!

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Gfs, which is going to change considerably soon as the snow line in the 6z has moved quite a bit more south. 

Before you know it these snow accumulation charts will look like the ecm one lol!!ecm forecasting 8 inches+ of snow for central england and wales!!

• Like 1

Posted

The Low on Monday is becoming concerning!

GFSOPUK06_78_1.png

Beyond all this excitement and the milder, flatter more mobile pattern is gaining momentum in the output as I mentioned a few days ago. I know this contradicts the posts by GP, Tamara but its consistently being shown.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Beyond all this excitement and the milder, flatter more mobile pattern is gaining momentum in the output as I mentioned a few days ago. I know this contradicts the posts by GP, Tamara but its consistently being shown.

Temporarily

• Like 3

Posted

The possible snow event for Monday shows 60 mph wind gusts to go with it.

78-289UK.GIF?08-6

Many northern areas look like missing out completely for now, as the next Atlantic band may be higher ground only:

114-779UK.GIF?08-6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
9 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

One or 2 posts have been removed.Please all read the guide from Paul at the top and only post about the models in here.

If your post has views on the charts that's for here otherwise for general chat about snow please head over to the regionals or the general winter threads.

Thanks.

Good luck:rofl: yes Teits very stormy Mon. Looking forward as you say becoming milder going threw the rest of the month 

The gp and tamara musings arnt without interest but are out of my pay band tbh

Posted
5 minutes ago, TEITS said:

GFSOPUK06_78_1.png

Wow. Whatever the precipitation is, if that verifies it is going to pack some punch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
10 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Great runs again for midlands and the south-

Dreadful news for mby these corrections south are basically  putting my location out of the game- 

Still, best of luck to the lucky peeps who get plastered !! :)

Not at all, up here just across from you the snow depth total is not much less than the 12z, pretty consistent in the same area for the last couple of days.

People need to stop thinking of runs as corrections, they are not they are just different options.

I think the high res models, WRF, Arpege, Arome, Hirlam, Euro4 are where we should be focusing now, add those to the mix and you get a better overall picture.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

GFS sharpens up the jet @144 & creates another midlands snow event-

looks like one posted the other day 1998??

S

Steve have you seen the latest hirlam!!looks tasty for london northwards to north wales!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall
Just now, TEITS said:

GFSOPUK06_78_1.png

Not really Teits GP and Tamara both highlighted a slightly flatter phase during the transition from atlantic high to scandi high. What you are flagging up is actually in line with their suggested progression 

• Like 2

Posted

Further corrections south here, i am expecting the low wont be this deep, thus allowing for further southerly corrections, Southern England in for an absolute pasting Sunday/Monday, Northern England/Midlands slowly slipping out of the picture here.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, shaky said:

Steve have you seen the latest hirlam!!looks tasty for london northwards to north wales!!

Yes its been checked- Northward line @48 is about peterborough & gives me about 2 hours snowfall...

but looks good further west & North.. however not much correction needed on the remaining 7 runs out to T42..

Eur0 4 will be in range on the 06z

S

Posted
5 minutes ago, Broadmayne blizzard said:

Not really Teits GP and Tamara both highlighted a slightly flatter phase during the transition from atlantic high to scandi high. What you are flagging up is actually in line with their suggested progression 

Must of missed some of the posts because last I read was a continuation of what we currently have. Easy to miss posts on this thread.

• Like 5