Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - cold spell to end Autumn

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Looking very good at 144.  Does look an improvement vs the 00z at this stage

gfsnh-1-144.png?6 gfsnh-0-144.png?6

Edited by Ice Day
  • Like 3

Posted

Boom! This is what I have wanted to see this morning, clearer heights to the north and only way is under for the lows. Will keep cold air in longer too.  Have to go our now but can't believe this chart (yes it can change haha) at 144 hours.

:D

gfsnh-0-144.png?6

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

This run is more amplified and will lead to a cold and snowy run but not sure what its worth ref - BA's post, cant really choose a path for D7 onwards if you cant get agreement at D5.

• Like 1

Posted

Energy under the high and not over it. Not sure whether this will be good or bad re snow but it’s certainly a big Change. 

It kind of supports the ec eps with greater North Atlantic blocking as a viable possible candidate. 

Posted
12 hours ago, Broadmayne blizzard said:

Tell me about it Karlos I,m still having counselling for that particular sNOw event..

*shudder*. The mother of all snow shields that was. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well to my untrained eyes the ukmo looks out of kilter this morning. The gfs06z looks bitterly cold with snow chances a plenty. Ecm also looks favourable for snow showers. So I think we will see a much better ukmo later. Hopefully anyway. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
1 minute ago, Weathizard said:

Up goes the wedge! Looks like a nice 6z, northern and NW users must be rubbing your hands in glee:cold:

IMG_8574.PNG

Me.. rubbing me hands in Glee... lol.

Minor changes for us in the North as the area of low exits the Uk bring gales or severe gales. Not convinced about the timing of the arrival of the snow on thursday... I think it will be earlier on thursday not later.  

Fully expecting cold weather to bring blizzards and drifting snow to us in the North. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

If the undercut happens it seems very unlikely the low would not eject E/SE rather than just sink S so I would take this run with an extra pinch of salt after 144

gfsnh-0-150.png?6gfsnh-0-186.png?6

Or maybe that is just wishful thinking as I am heading to the Canary Islands :cray:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, Mucka said:

If the undercut happens it seems very unlikely the low would not eject E/SE rather than just sink S so I would take this run with an extra pinch of salt after 144

Or maybe that is just wishful thinking as I am heading to the Canary Islands :cray:

And I'm off to Lapland and the 850's are better in Bournemouth than there, so it's probably nailed it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, Mucka said:

I take it then you actually don't want precipitation over there then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!
5 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I take it then you actually don't want precipitation over there then.

I will be crying in my cornflakes mate.

I haven't been away for a few years so it would be typical for it be cold and snowy here and miss it because I am chasing the sun - but then still get rain in Lanzarote!

Give me cold and snow or warm and sunshine, anything but cold wet and windy, our typical winter fare.

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Energy under the high and not over it. Not sure whether this will be good or bad re snow but it’s certainly a big Change. 

It kind of supports the ec eps with greater North Atlantic blocking as a viable possible candidate. 

And gfs demonstrates why the energy going under might be both good and bad. The angle of the jet needs to dive, for that we need the energy over the top, but we also need heights to build above so that a channel forms for the energy. 

Gfs 06z does neither we get very little snow and then a flat jet in the medium timeframe. 

3595C754-4C07-44C8-954E-CAEEB1130F3F.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

The 6z shows a bitterly cold arctic blast later in the week, feeling sub-zero in the wind and plenty of snow showers with frosts and ice..that will do for me for now ta:cold::cold-emoji:..in fact, some ice days too on fri, sat & sun!..Boom

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

The 6z shows a bitterly cold arctic blast later in the week, feeling sub-zero in the wind and plenty of snow showers with frosts and ice..that will do for me for now ta:cold::cold-emoji:..in fact, some ice days too!..Boom

But I do think that a lot of model-related heartache would be avoided if Admin would swear-filter the word 'accumulation'...and maybe change it to 'puddle'?:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, storms

Hi guys I've been stalking this forum for weeks now and I have to say what a roller coaster the past few weeks have been. What's your opinions on end of next week? Cold blip or something more exciting? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

Gfs 6z looks like a rinse and repeat. Seems the cold always appears just before a weekend

IMG_2562.PNG

Posted

The eps clusters go awol after day 10 with them having nothing other than one cluster - given that this doesn't tie in too closely with the ens mean I doubt that's correct !

prior to this, the largest cluster up to day 7 is the op one at almost 50% which then becomes the smallest cluster at day 8! Enough said...........

• Like 2

Posted

So from the massive blizzards shown on Friday things look to be back to reality with a decent Northerly instead for days 4 to 7. Snowfall i think is likely to be restricted to those areas that usually do well with elsewhere joining in on occasion. Low lying snow is probably unlikely for many though unless we see something organised form. Looking at d8 onwards a westerly influence is probably the most likely and a return to more average temperatures. 

• Like 3