Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - cold spell to end Autumn

Paul
Message added by Paul

Please only post model discussion in this thread. 

For more general chat and banter, or moans and ramps loosely around the models, please head to the banter thread:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86721-model-moans-ramps-and-banter/

For general weather chat including about the snow/cold chances around the country, please go to the regional threads:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/

Thank you!

Posted

All a bit fragile on the 18z 

Great to look at but years of experience tells me where it can go wrong....

One thing that's gaining momentum is very cold uppers directly to our North.....proper cold!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

JFF GFS pulls a frigid Easterly out of the hat in deep FI :drunk-emoji:

gfsnh-0-384.pnggfsnh-1-384.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Pretty happy with the GFS/UKMO this morning.

gfs-0-144.png   UW144-21.GIF?29-05

Both see that trough being sent south east with the ridge close to Iberia retrogressing and both would allow a northerly to develop, importantly this time we apear to have a much moreexpansive and potent cold pool to our north to tap into so even a toppler could deliver snow to low levels if we see this arctic outbreak next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

^^^ this evolution very very similar to 9 March 2013 with the ridge being squeezed up NW with deep cold come round from the NE - blocking is just further west this time... A great month to be comparing with-

Awsome Easterly at the end of the GFS air all the way from Siberia!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot
10 minutes ago, Mucka said:

JFF GFS pulls a frigid Easterly out of the hat in deep FI :drunk-emoji:

gfsnh-0-384.pnggfsnh-1-384.png

From the view we had at the end of a barrel Yesterday, not too shabby really. On Sunday I did worry TBH as when there's little room for upgrades is only one way models will go, but held back not to pull this place down,  but I have to say I'm very encouraged and excited for the next few days and the following week. 

Everything after that is pie in sky stuff so to still be pulling off jolly good synoptic through to mid December is fab in my book.

Ofcourse there's still so many runs to contend with in just one day but better to start on a high as yesterday was plain cruel. 

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Did I say I was excited for next few days, I should have looked outside, damn you models, your like Sirens :rofl:

P71129-052346.jpg

Edited by geordiekev
luckily I brought the potted daffs in this year
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

control run takes a little while to get going but gets very cold.

gensnh-0-0-300.png

But a chart for Sidney too. Cold lovers look away now. :closedeyes:

gens-3-1-360.pnggens-3-0-384.png

GFS 00z ensembles - a mixed bag.

graphe3_1000_256_60___.gif

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 1

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=6

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

all i can say  for  the coldies is  the charts from now to fantasy land are:cold: to many  to repost!!

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Hi @SylvainTV

any chance of getting UKMO 168 on meteociel?

thanks

Steve

Or ukmo fixed in the meteociel android app? It only shows recent +144h

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves

If the gfs is right lots people could be seeing snow at some point next week heavy snow showers blowing in from the north. Then later on in run maybe an easterly. :cold:

550EB922-35E9-479D-B8BA-5992F4C34317.png

• Like 2

Posted

ECM pretty close to UKMO at 120

ECH1-120.GIFUN120-21.GIF

Edited by Mucka
  • Like 1

Posted

Do not like how the ecu is evolving post 144, it’s behaving very different in the Atlantic and on the eastern US seaboard and even around Iceland. I hope it’s wrong... 

Posted

Quite a storm at 192, it may actually end up okay eventually but just another doubt sown.

ECH1-192.GIF?29-12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Great gfs and ukmo this morning happy with that. Ecm not looking as good as the gfs at 168 but hopefully it will change its tune later this evening. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mucka said:

Quite a storm at 192, it may actually end up okay eventually but just another doubt sown.

ECH1-192.GIF?29-12

So pointless now for as long this storm is on the table to look more than 72h past it when /if it happens as these seem to greatly influence what happens afterwards and the models have a lot of difficulty to predict what happens after them. Expect some surprise model output the 4th of December 

Edited by ArHu3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Ecm looks fine on the nhp.day ten should be spot on!!! Drop that low south east and game on.it won't be there prob later today but nhp looks good either way

Edited by swfc

Posted
9 minutes ago, ArHu3 said:

So pointless now for as long this storm is on the table to look more than 72h past it when /if it happens as these seem to greatly influence what happens afterwards and the models have a lot of difficulty to predict what happens after them

Yes looking into FI is usually just for fun anyway but when there is a lot of volatility in the nearer term it is certainly not worth taking seriously.

In actuality this mornings ECM is a big improvement over yesterday mornings out to the mid range thought it may not seem like it.

All our troubles would be over if the trough would just sharpen and dig SE quicker as shortwaves would be kept West of Greenland instead of pushing through and phasing with the Scandi trough.

Edited by Mucka

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Gfs is a fun to view and certainly would bring some interesting weather. Ukmo, as far as it goes t144, looks to be building heights to our nw. Most interesting to me is ecm throwing a storm from the nw and this still doesn't stop the output from trying to build heights in the nw. 

Various different takes on what might be thrown at the potential heights but what ever happens heights to nw is the consistent theme. Loving the output watching at the moment, very interesting and chances of seeing something country wide increases imho. Detail is detail and should be left for t72 down to t0 but the theme is a goodun.

IMG_0089.PNG

Edited by That ECM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold , snow . Hot sunny

Ecm doesn't look right too me . I would be fairly confident that won't happen between 168 and 192

• Like 1