Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Post Rating Suggestions

Paul_1978

Posted

I wonder if I could suggest some changes to post ratings?

”Thanks” change to “Thank you”. ‘Thanks’ to me sounds like “Yeah thanks a bunch” which people might say sarcastically. 

New ratings I think would add some value are:

- Agree

- Disagree

- Informative

- Optimistic

These are on another forum I use (non-weather) and make the forum more interactive without necessarily having to reply. 

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks for the suggestion :D :ninja:

Must admit, have never thought of thanks in that way - I know it's possible to say it sarcastically, but in the main I think when people say it, they tend to mean it?

But anyway, it's an interesting one - the current reactions setup is 'stock' in that we've not changed it from the standard setup, but we can definitely look to see if there's a better way to use it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've thought of another rating that could be useful, "Friendly". So the full list of available ratings could be:

• Thank You
  • Agree
  • Disagree
  • Confused
  • Sad
  • Informattive
  • Friendly
  • Optimistic
  • Funny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
29 minutes ago, Paul_1978 said:

I've thought of another rating that could be useful, "Friendly". So the full list of available ratings could be:

• Thank You
  • Agree
  • Disagree
  • Confused
  • Sad
  • Informattive
  • Friendly
  • Optimistic
  • Funny

Not so sure regarding the idea of having that many, but I do think there needs to be a disagree option; it might give some members an indication of the idiocy of their posts.  I know we have the Sticky for that, but I've sent three since it was implemented and I don't think I've had any response (most were friendly and positive, BTW).

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
2 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Not so sure regarding the idea of having that many, but I do think there needs to be a disagree option; it might give some members an indication of the idiocy of their posts.  I know we have the Sticky for that, but I've sent three since it was implemented and I don't think I've had any response (most were friendly and positive, BTW).

that would just cause more arguments as well as be open to abuse as some people are very 'tribal' with the use of the 'likes' system

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I don't like the idea of a 'dislike' 'disagree' option, sorry. Just another button for the trolls to press.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
13 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

that would just cause more arguments as well as be open to abuse as some people are very 'tribal' with the use of the 'likes' system

Fair point.  Given that argument, perhaps the "Like" option ought to be withdrawn as well, as it tends to reinforce posts that aren't really informative or enlightening, but merely aimed at being popular?

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
4 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Fair point.  Given that argument, perhaps the "Like" option ought to be withdrawn as well, as it tends to reinforce posts that aren't really informative or enlightening, but merely aimed at being popular?

agreed....I'd go for just a 'thanks' button to give appreciation for a good post

• Like 2