Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2017/2018-Stormy December, Two Severe Wintry Spells January/February.

iapennell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Again, what stormy December :cc_confused:

I forecast for Network Rail among others, and during stormy spells my workload increases significantly. It really wasn't bad.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Whether a stormy December or not, Ian is the most accurate LRF on this site, I'd say 60/70 percent and should really be given the job as the net weather winter forecaster.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I have no qualifications in forcasting weather other than looking out of my bedroom window in the morning but that does not make me any less interested in weather than any other member here If however you are a seasoned forcaster either on tv or amateur and you are prepared to stick your neck out and give a forcast further than 2 weeks or 2 days in fact if you are here in the pennines then you are going to expect criticism whenever it is off track.I am not going to make that critisism today but it does appear that it is quite away from what was forcast and so unless February decides to turn up the winter will be comparable to all the lowly winters that have come our way in the last 20 years other than the cluster around 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves
6 hours ago, Nick L said:

Again, what stormy December :cc_confused:

I forecast for Network Rail among others, and during stormy spells my workload increases significantly. It really wasn't bad.

I took this pic at ny local beach un Bude begining of Jan as you can see there's a 12 ft sand  wall at the top of the beach its usually flat from the beach huts all the way down to the seamade from the massive waves during end of december and jan, so yes we had a stormy December/January and haven't you checked the forecast recently Hillbilly???? Feb looks to be starting off very cold indeed. So I would say Ian has been the most accurate when forecasting winter 2017/18  than any other lrf I read!

20180104_161507.jpg

Edited by John Badrick
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There is plenty of time for modification of what's being forecast. Certainly not to say I don't want Ian's forecast to come off though!

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
3 hours ago, John Badrick said:

I took this pic at ny local beach un Bude begining of Jan as you can see there's a 12 ft sand  wall at the top of the beach its usually flat from the beach huts all the way down to the seamade from the massive waves during end of december and jan, so yes we had a stormy December/January and haven't you checked the forecast recently Hillbilly???? Feb looks to be starting off very cold indeed. So I would say Ian has been the most accurate when forecasting winter 2017/18  than any other lrf I read!

20180104_161507.jpg

I stand corrected ,the forcast is 100% accurate so due to Februarys severe spell I will not plan any building work until the 1st of March Lol!

Posted

Your forecast of early feb cold spell appears to be imminent and significant well done. Expecting perfection in LRF is not going to happen, I think he has done very well.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1