SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Suffolk Slapper

Why Pete are you going to the Portman Road area of Ipswich? :yahoo:

Seriously though my wife and I hope to travel up to Godmanchester on Sunday to take up Christmas presents for my son's girlfriend relations and I am concerned it maynot be too good a drive back.

A few years back we visited our grandson for his birthday in January and it was an absolute nightmare driving back on the A14 and M11. I love the snow but hope that it waits until we get back safely home.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, mpkio2 said:

I feel your pains mate.

Maybe we'll get some sleet if we're lucky. :rofl:

Who knows though? We might get a few surprises over the coming days....

Lucky for me my fam live on a 200m hill in the suburbs of Leeds which goes all the way up to 280m. 

I'm gonna go up on Saturday night and stay over.

heheheh

I've moved from Billericay to St Neot's recently - looks like a good decision based on current forecasts.... now watch Billericay get 6 feet of snow and bone dry in St Neot's!!

1 minute ago, Cheese Rice said:

Lucky for me my fam live on a 200m hill in the suburbs of Leeds which goes all the way up to 280m. 

heheheh

Lucky so-and-so :p

Enjoy any wintry weather you get up there! :D:cold:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

heheheh

You’ll miss out on the snow.. :whistling:

EC does give traceable snow even for Central London there’s much more further north Dami would be pleased. I hope we see a 50 mile shift! 

42D3F458-4D38-4AEA-B309-307EA9333C92.thumb.png.3fd6ae29a6b4588b187dc32b7b4edca0.png

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Why Pete are you going to the Portman Road area of Ipswich? :yahoo:

Seriously though my wife and I hope to travel up to Godmanchester on Sunday to take up Christmas presents for my son's girlfriend relations and I am concerned it maynot be too good a drive back.

A few years back we visited our grandson for his birthday in January and it was an absolute nightmare driving back on the A14 and M11. I love the snow but hope that it waits until we get back safely home.

Kind Regards

Dave

You will be fine , Godmanchester is covered by the Huntingdon umbrella 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Wedding and music photographer.
I always check the radar which helps, I can tell the couple we need to get a move on with the outside group pictures now because it's going to chuck it down in 5 minutes. Which happened a lot this summer. 

Obviously snow is a joy for me, I really miss taking snow pictures up radar hill and sledging back down.

Brilliant, must be great doing photography when you’ve just had some fresh snowfall. Let’s hope that if your doing any weddings this weekend there true “white ones” 

:cold:

• Like 1

Ok I'm going to try tactics that a few in this thread often seem to use;-

" It won't snow " " I'm not expecting anything " " Winter's Over " " I doubt I'll see anything " " The Model Thread is Madness with Ramping " " I hate a Westerly " " I Don't get anything from a Northerly " A NNW Sucks for my part of the Region " " I'm a Little Too Far South East " ....I've purchased a New Wooly Hat " " I'll send my Winter Tyres back for a Refund "

:hi::cold::diablo:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Got to go to Harlow for a 12.30pm kick off, for my u17 team, whereas I'd rather be home watching the mighty 'pool hammering the bluescum, so i either want lashing of rain, or snow, to call our game off.

Personally, I'd like snow..........

23 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Got to go to Harlow for a 12.30pm kick off, for my u17 team, whereas I'd rather be home watching the mighty 'pool hammering the bluescum, so i either want lashing of rain, or snow, to call our game off.

Personally, I'd like snow..........

Nothing comes before playing football, you’ll miss it when it’s finished. :sorry:

Edit; when I say nothing, that’s not strictly true. 

Edited by shotski
43 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Ok I'm going to try tactics that a few in this thread often seem to use;-

" It won't snow " " I'm not expecting anything " " Winter's Over " " I doubt I'll see anything " " The Model Thread is Madness with Ramping " " I hate a Westerly " " I Don't get anything from a Northerly " A NNW Sucks for my part of the Region " " I'm a Little Too Far South East " ....I've purchased a New Wooly Hat " " I'll send my Winter Tyres back for a Refund "

:hi::cold::diablo:

To add, “global warming means I suspect we’ll never see snow again in our neck of the woods”.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, shotski said:

Nothing comes before playing football, you’ll miss it when it’s finished. :sorry:

Edit; when I say nothing, that’s not strictly true. 

I do miss it, especially the social side, but I'm 45 now, and those days are past and gone.

Slightly different when you're managing an u17 side, and you have a kick off time on a sunday that mucks up the day, let alone it's the merseyside derby...... 

1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

You’ll miss out on the snow.. :whistling:

EC does give traceable snow even for Central London there’s much more further north Dami would be pleased. I hope we see a 50 mile shift! 

42D3F458-4D38-4AEA-B309-307EA9333C92.thumb.png.3fd6ae29a6b4588b187dc32b7b4edca0.png

omg don't drag me into this..:rofl:

But yeah, wouldn't say no.

Seems my 'it won't snow in Bedford'  worked.:ball-santa-emoji:

Edited by Dami
22 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

No change on the 12z's... snow looking increasingly unlikely for most of the region.. #ColdRain :sorry:

Only the dark side of the force uses absolutes. Us on the light believe in the power of hope.

• Haha 1