SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

9 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

In a way, it does make it all that more exciting if it's down to now-casting. 

Must be an absolute nightmare for the METO, which you can see in their uncertainty, 

A nightmare ..yes  but one they are not inexperienced in. I suspect that a lot of human intervention in the forecast over the next few days will take place.

The servers in Exeter will be running warm of the coming days 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

The METO have released an initial yellow warning for snow covering much of the country, including counties north of London. Demonstrates how this snow could end up just about anywhere at the moment!

Just now, Lamposangel delightcher said:

Yes can see this thread being very busy if you live north of London or m4 

Good news is you may not need to travel to far north to get our snow fix ☺

It looks as if nothing snow-wise can be ruled out just yet, with the models a bit split on where this 'slider' is going to go. Further South would be great for us snow wise and would also help keep the cold air firmly in place early next week. 

23 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

In a way, it does make it all that more exciting if it's down to now-casting. 

Must be an absolute nightmare for the METO, which you can see in their uncertainty, 

Yes it must be a busy place to be right now, i'm worn out and i just look at hundreds of charts for fun.

Still tomorrow which may be a bit like last Thursday for some. Plus Don't think the cold is giving up after Sunday, back edge plus more days like last Thursday are also possible. Nothing at all to complain about yet. Plus slider not as yet 100% decided.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Being only a few miles west of Lowestsaatf, I'm slightly optimistic of seeing either a Norfolk Nibbler or a Suffolk Slapper during tonight and tomorrow...fingers crossed!:yahoo:

I'd like to see that nibbler turn into a full on gobble.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Am I seeing things? :D

Our East Anglia friends look to see some significant snowfall.. ARPEGE has shifted the slider low center ~150 miles S from the 12z it will not take a big shift S for south of the M4 to come into this. 

A2EACF92-98D7-456B-9B03-D0E63D531C0F.thumb.jpeg.f485fb64a00b26df052fe753b3493518.jpegDD988A86-C732-4595-BBF6-D0D0F4055103.thumb.jpeg.ae420d9c8ffe25a24ff29cbbc1058bd8.jpeg

That's nowhere near East Anglia?

Me at the moment. It's rainy and windy and my hips hurt.

f9c18b6807d781269ed8a9ebac0c332a--twinkl

Meanwhile on MetO. 

image.png

I am in an yellow warning, you CANNOT be serious. 

Edited by Dami
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, FetchCB said:

A nightmare ..yes  but one they are not inexperienced in. I suspect that a lot of human intervention in the forecast over the next few days will take place.

The servers in Exeter will be running warm of the coming days 

True, although the latest warnings shows that they're still struggling with it with less than 72 hours to go.

2 minutes ago, Dami said:

Me at the moment. It's rainy and windy and my hips hurt.

f9c18b6807d781269ed8a9ebac0c332a--twinkl

Meanwhile on MetO. 

image.png

I am in an yellow warning, you CANNOT be serious. 

Bedford looks right amongst it at this stage. Enjoy :yahoo:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

On the next few frames.. which I didn’t add. 

I’ve just seen the ARPEGE has shifted south again on the latest run! Could this bring more of us into the game I wonder?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I’ve just seen the ARPEGE has shifted south again on the latest run! Could this bring more of us into the game I wonder?

Indeed it does snow ‘line’ is further S ARPEGE is a great short term model it gives me hope. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Lamposangel delightcher said:

I still think there could be a surprise for some lying snow for tonight and tomorrow northwest of London from the Cheshire gap showers

I remember a few years back when there was a Cheshire Gap Streamer and many said including the MetO it would not reach London/Kent........Guess what, it did and gave a good covering of snow.

4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Indeed it does snow ‘line’ is further S ARPEGE is a great short term model it gives me hope. 

Expect sudden surprises