Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!
38 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

their forecasts go out till March:shok:

Clever old things! ?

Posted

Whats the current tracking of Sunday's low? Is it possible that it will swing in and track SE into Sunday evening drawing in the colder air again. Thus turning Sunday's rain wintry?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
  • Like 1

Posted

Good evening everyone,

First time poster. I am living in North West London. I am not expecting any snow here, so if the snow won't come to me, i will go to it!

With this in mind, how far north of London would I have to travel to see snow from the slider on Monday.

Edited by Bricriu
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
1 hour ago, Soaring Hawk said:

I lived in Canada for some years when I was a teenager/young adult and the winters there were amazing.  Although I spent the first winter permanently terrified when driving, even with studded snow tyres.  I did get used to it, with the exception of the roads through the mountains between Vancouver and Kelowna, which were hair raising.  I was also living in Scotland during the memorable winters of 2009/10 and 2010/11 so I can't help wishing for snow.  Bad Mummy :oops:

Sounds amazing!!! And yes, tough act to follow and not surprised you're left yearning!!!x

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Danny* said:

Can we bank the NetWx-MR?

Bank.png

??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Well hi local gang! Just through I’d drop in and wave and all that. Welcome to newcomers! Thought it would feel a lot warmer than it actually does given this is a ‘mild’ blip. I fear we are going to have a bit of a cold shock end of the week with the wind swinging round. But looking forward to what transpires nonetheless!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Daily mail poached it Daniel* ?

197A6053-91D2-4FED-9B89-8938437709D1.png

Edited by Gretal

Posted
8 minutes ago, Gretal said:

Daily mail poached it Daniel* ?

197A6053-91D2-4FED-9B89-8938437709D1.png

How dare they use my image without a fee I’m seeking legal advice. :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
13 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

Well hi local gang! Just through I’d drop in and wave and all that. Welcome to newcomers! Thought it would feel a lot warmer than it actually does given this is a ‘mild’ blip. I fear we are going to have a bit of a cold shock end of the week with the wind swinging round. But looking forward to what transpires nonetheless!

I thought the exact same thing, it’s feeling nowhere near as ‘mild’ as I thought it would. Bring on the big chill I say, save blocking the fridge with all my prosecco, and beers... hic hic!! Not holding out for much snow, but a decent frost will be great, certainly massive improvement from last years cold weather effort. 

Posted

Current video forecast by the MetOffice is taking the snow eastwards out of Wales across the Midlands and into Northern England. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
15 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

Completely agree about this so called "mild blip"  do they call 6 degrees mild??? I've been cold since last week. Am I a wimp? In my defense  I did live in the middle east.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Pretty gloomy today, fairly mild though not majorly so. It will turn colder from tomorrow afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The EPS mean has Sundays low much further South too..

EPS.thumb.png.997ae4efd313d513d3a9fca4f85dbfbc.png

Could.. could we about to see the first significants now event in our region for the first time in years? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Looking forward to the drop in temp during tomorrow (initially thought to be overnight Thu/Fri).  Temps not as high as first thought for Wed/Thu, well certainly not for Biggin.  Looking forward to the ride (lol....might regret that comment after last nights 'banter') x

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

Good evening everyone,

First time poster. I am living in North West London. I am not expecting any snow here, so if the snow won't come to me, i will go to it!

With this in mind, how far north of London would I have to travel to see snow from the slider on Monday.

Good evening,

Welcome to the forum and this enclave, nice to have a Londoner we do not have many. I and all apologise for what your eyes may have seen, typically it’s much more subdued. Snow fever is setting in. :D 

You might not need to travel at all... by Friday we’ll have a good idea. :) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Theres a lot of debate about these sort of features, further north, further south blah blah. In my experience they end up further south. On Sunday 50 miles further south and we could be in the honey pot, but 100 miles and it will have missed us completely and end up just clipping the coast, ideally a slight adjustment south of 30/40 miles could be spot on.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, scrat said:

Looking forward to the drop in temp during tomorrow (initially thought to be overnight Thu/Fri).  Temps not as high as first thought for Wed/Thu, well certainly not for Biggin.  Looking forward to the ride (lol....might regret that comment after last nights 'banter') x

We don't do 'banter' here in the Sarfeast, scrat. As you should have learned yesterday, all forms of smut and/or double entendre (sp?) are strictly verboten!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Except winter time ed :cold-emoji:

And when there's any talk of 'white stuff' of course...as pure as the driven snow?:girl_devil:

Posted
14 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Good evening,

Welcome to the forum and this enclave, nice to have a Londoner we do not have many. I and all apologise for what your eyes may have seen, typically it’s much more subdued. Snow fever is setting in. :D 

You might not need to travel at all... by Friday we’ll have a good idea. :) 

Thanks for your warm welcome and reply Daniel. I am in fact an Irish man living in London, who obviously loves snow.. I do hope your right that i can stay put!

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

Thanks for your warm welcome and reply Daniel. I am in fact an Irish man living in London, who obviously loves snow.. I do hope your right that i can stay put!

No bother. Lots of Irish folk in London! You clearly did not come here for the snow. :wink:

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Wind getting up , didn’t think the windy weather was kicking in till Friday ? 

Wind gusts will increase during the night and start peaking around 40-50 mph from midnight to 07:00 hrs +/-

• Like 2