Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Poor old North West if that happens, having seemed to be in the prime position up until now.

I might even be OK in Hailsham based on that chart.

What’s the betting though that it keeps correcting south to the extent that even I’m too far north!

I suppose further southerly corrections won't be so bad for us as our region will be in the colder air with less risk of marginality? The slider could correct further north again which would leave us just cold and wet. Much to be resolved, it is an interesting situation with the potential for our region to see some snow. Quite exciting for many, I'd imagine!

Posted
6 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Poor old North West if that happens, having seemed to be in the prime position up until now.

What’s the betting though that it keeps correcting south to the extent that even I’m too far north!

Sods law dictates that it will track so far south that most of the UK misses any precipitation, or it turns into a Pennies only event!

In all seriousness, looking like somewhere between Yorkshire and the South Midlands is in for a shot. I'd go with with higher ground across the Midlands as favoured. 

I'll be coming back to the SE on Sunday evening, from the north Midlands. I'll be hoping to catch something! 

Posted
21 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

I feel no sympathy they’ve had their fair share of snow I’ve seen nothing more than a dusting since January 2013 that’s almost five years which is extraordinary.

ARPEGE takes the slider low further SW too but not as dramatic - but a good trend possibly developing.

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I feel no sympathy they’ve had their fair share of snow I’ve seen nothing more than a dusting since January 2013 that’s almost five years which is extraordinary.

ARPEGE takes the slider low further SW too but not as dramatic - but a good trend possibly developing.

Here here!! :clap:

Posted
18 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Ditto. 

I've lived in London for five years and have yet to see lying snow. 

Though the fam live 200m asl in Leeds which definitely helps as I can pop back up for a snow fix. 

Posted

Daughter has school trip to France Tuesday, whats the chances for Monday night?  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Looking at the 06Z it seems intent on pivoting the entire thing round and caking us on Monday. 

This is a very interesting period we are going into.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
35 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Is that big nob of weather you posted yesterday still heading for us?

Posted
8 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Looking at the 06Z it seems intent on pivoting the entire thing round and caking us on Monday. 

This is a very interesting period we are going into.

On that note, I just have to do another Yamkin Ramp again :yahoo: Let's hope there are even more upgrades!!

Snowing.thumb.PNG.1a929c151d07f972befea8b6d747c3c2.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Ditto. 

I've lived in London for five years and have yet to see lying snow. 

Though the fam live 200m asl in Leeds which definitely helps as I can pop back up for a snow fix. 

In my lifetime it has never been as bad as this. At least you have the opportunity to go up north while it certainly has not been  great even there in recent years, some snow every winter is all but guaranteed.

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Cheese Rice said:

Ditto. 

I've lived in London for five years and have yet to see lying snow

2013 ?

the 06z gfs op is the first credible output to put london in 'the zone'. I would be hanging onto your snow shovel order for the time being ! 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Is that big nob of weather you posted yesterday still heading for us?

How can I forget that? :p

Still being shown a Cheshire Gap Streamer but wind more northerly thus largely to areas W of London.

B4108A14-BDBF-4497-B9DA-ACD3D815CE75.thumb.gif.7ea52eccbaf983c81354bfae593c49fc.gif

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Daughter has school trip to France Tuesday, whats the chances for Monday night?  

Doubt your daughter and the lot will be getting far if ICON is anywhere near. 8)

76A32948-AAC3-45D7-9F36-6646554022DD.thumb.jpeg.c8a758ea0184b4b023368e8b97e9572e.jpeg

Posted
3 hours ago, Dami said:

Man is only wearing a posh grey suit, feel over dressed.:cold-emoji::closedeyes:

Yes but you couldn't see the many layers of thermal underwear he had on under the suit.

Tuning slightly colder here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Look at The Triangle on this map!:closedeyes:

Just a wee drop of rain?:shok:

Posted

The Cheshire Gap Streamer seems to be pushing further into the SE as snow on Friday according to the MetO's forecast

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, bluearmy said:

2013 ?

the 06z gfs op is the first credible output to put london in 'the zone'. I would be hanging onto your snow shovel order for the time being ! 

I mean 4 1/2 years I didn't move to London till early summer 2013

I'd rather hang on to a Virgin East Coast ticket booking for up north for this weekend than expect snow in central. 

If anyone remebers the slider of March 22nd 2013 there was alot of chit chat surrounding the low taking a more southerly track, a few runs cottened on to this but eventually it was corrected and the north was the sweet spot. 40cm of snow was measured on the grass in my back garden. 

Sigh.... 

Posted

There is absolutely no point in anyone in EA/South East getting excited for snow this Thurs/Fri/Sat. The wind direction says it all - North Western fringes and central areas for the Cheshire gap. The most any of us may get is a dusting on Thursday night as a front whizzes through and the odd light flurry. Anyone hoping for a big dump on these days - please share your logic with us all?? 

As for Sunday onwards - this is what we should be talking about,, significant snow a real possibility particularly north of London. Anything up to 10-15cm is possible at any one time through to mid/late next week. Lets keep watching this..... 

Posted
21 minutes ago, Matt Ralph said:

. The most any of us may get is a dusting on Thursday night as a front whizzes through and the odd light flurry. Anyone hoping for a big dump on these days - please share your logic with us all??

Only because i've heard it will be the same type which gave us a huge snowfall in january 2004, and we saw LOADS of snow last week, hoping for a repeat.And, why not, it makes me happy to think it might happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and not to hot
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

The Cheshire Gap Streamer seems to be pushing further into the SE as snow on Friday according to the MetO's forecast

Looks like Peterborough will out yet again ?☹️?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and not to hot

Looks like Peterborough will miss out again 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Possibility of snow on Sunday mentioned for the region on the bbc London weather at 13:40 .

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1