Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well I have a fare to Bournemouth tomoz,so im hoping it sweeps in quick overnight,and buggers off sharpish,really feel that its going to be another crap winter,14c saturday,someone ring mother nature please,and tell those bloody yanks to stop nicking my snow

Posted
26 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Have you looked at the radar? There is some precipitation heading this way from the SW, if it maintains its intensity....

Oh that is interesting. Freezing rain is awful..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
8 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

How much snow you got left?

thats adding to the depth of your surface cold!

Still a bit here, 2-3cm on fields, nothing on the roads now. The Met has us down for heavy snow to begin with before rapidly turning back to rain. We will see!

• Like 1

Posted

Although don't underestimate how quickly temperatures can rise ahead of a warm front. In reverse here we saw a 5C temperature drop in a couple of hours on Wednesday, can certainly rise that fast as well. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp already on the rise here even though the sky is still clear. Up to 1.2 from 0.3 although the dp is negative -1.5.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
2 hours ago, snowray said:

I know lassie, what a joke. :nonono:

Next chance of something wintry down here around 5th/6th/7th Jan if we are lucky.

gfs-0-216.png

gfs-1-216.png

Could this be the beast from the east???? 

• Like 1

Posted

Brrr -0.7C colder than forecasted - I have known forecasted rain to end up being snow but then I was more ignorant the good days when you would wake up to a covering and be surprised. :D

• Like 1

Posted

I just downloaded this app I note pink moving into southern coastal counties, however netweather radar suggests rain. Not even freezing rain. Is there any reports?

358A9E4B-C280-44B6-A569-6B4EBBF45E05.thumb.png.652ac3f56727b6a4a39c2a2e6e9b5b83.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I just downloaded this app I note pink moving into southern coastal counties, however netweather radar suggests rain. Not even freezing rain. Is there any reports?

358A9E4B-C280-44B6-A569-6B4EBBF45E05.thumb.png.652ac3f56727b6a4a39c2a2e6e9b5b83.png

There have been some reports over on the SW thread, one earlier from Poole of a few flakes but mainly wet.

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

There have been some reports over on the SW thread, one earlier from Poole of a few flakes but mainly wet.

I see temperature continuing to fall away now -1.1C pretty cold for these parts! 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
19 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Could this be the beast from the east???? 

It could if the HP can build over Scandi and push back the Atlantic, its a perfect set up for the beast from the east but its not likely to happen, best result would be a battle ground over us and the cold wins out, if this happens then yes anything is possible further down the line.

Some nice ENS on the 18z but they are in the minority.

gens-9-1-240.png

gens-14-1-240.png

gens-15-1-240.png

Posted
4 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I see temperature continuing to fall away now -1.1C pretty cold for these parts! 

Pity that the PPN is fizzling out, by the time the main band arrives it will have warmed up too much.

Posted

Met Office site now showing snow moving into our area for 3am.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

i'm feeling sleepy i'll never make it.

Posted

I am trying to be optimistic. The forecast temp here is around -2C for 1am but is actually -4.6C here. It's forecast to be 1C at 8am but could it really be -1C?

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
11 minutes ago, snowray said:

?? Rain from 7am for your location

Screenshot_20171229-013651.png

Posted
28 minutes ago, snowray said:

That is surely separate to the northern snow, that’s from the shower precip I would guess! 

Posted

HIRLAM 18z has some transient snow just glancing north of London area at 0800 the snow coinciding with heavier PPN meaning evaporative cooling maybe a low chance of a flake, I don’t believe any other models have the snow line stretching as far south temperature on the rise here with cloud cover still a respectable -1.2C. 

824BA5E3-5616-4188-84C0-BF26B8C09AEA.thumb.png.d3d6ddc4405406b333e80479f230290c.pngD79AA300-6C1D-4305-9B6A-6CEEB0421A8F.thumb.png.5cd19c3de3ad5bde2d96232a7acd95d2.png

All rain and will be for off all of us. 

Incredible, - 3 at 00:50 this morning at my local weather station. By 06:00 this morning it was +3,  6 degree rise in just over 5 hours. 

If you got on a plane and landed at Heathrow at 00:00 frosty and cold scenes would have met you,  by 02:00 you wouldn't have believed me if you landed then and I said it was a very harsh frost about 2 hours ago