Snow?

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

It is not showing 20cm for Reading whatsoever! I see he's a Reading student, I think he's trying to convince himself...

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Do I spot 10-15cm in deepest, darkest, Norfolk? :wink:

8BFAC07B-CB73-4DD4-AAB4-6AFED601885C.thumb.jpeg.804ea45971801168789bcfaa352a0a8d.jpeg

The models have certainly upgraded the inland nature of these snow showers wet on the coast, I gather they will be quite persistent perhaps merging together with a trough expected. An evening for radar watching. 

THATS SIMPLY AMAZIIIIIIINNNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping::cold::yahoo::bomb::cold-emoji::santa-emoji:

What could possibly go wrongggggggg!????:fool:

38 minutes ago, Matty J said:

Just got in the van for work and we have snow! Gently falling in the headlights but it's 100% snow, not rain or sleet.

Hopefully a bit more today.

Just to add it was also settling on all surfaces, only about 1 flake thick all over but enough to see where cars had driven down the road. Fairly large flakes.

Oddly though the sky was 95% clear!

I can confirm that I have had the first snowfall of the season! Barely anything, but it's nice to see. First time I'm seen any snow in November for quite a while. Autumn has ended on a good note!

Edited by LetItSnow!
  • Like 1

light Snow slowly heading towards me, though skies are still crystal clear. The wind is around 5mph w/ gusts of 11mph. The temperature is around -1C. Come on! IMO this might give a dusting, as the ground is dry but the grass & cars are frosty.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Light snow New Ash Green

-1.1c

S

I've just noticed you've gone from 1m asl to 150m. Maybe I spend too much time on here lol. You must be happier and looking forward to the winter season at that height. Less frustration hopefully

Yep moved away from Greenhithe - the lowest place in the UK - may as well renamed it Atlantis to New Ash Green which is 1 mile from West Kingsdown

its about 150 here & the radio mast 1 mile away is 232M

:)

• Like 2

Just watched BBC south east weather and it showed 1oC tonight and rain over north kent. Cant see it myself - maybe I'm missing something?

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Yep moved away from Greenhithe - the lowest place in the UK - may as well renamed it Atlantis to New Ash Green which is 1 mile from West Kingsdown

its about 150 here & the radio mast 1 mile away is 232M

:)

There might be some fun tonight/early tomorrow then. You're not too far from me I'll be up by blue bell hill at around 160m