Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

7 minutes ago, Nick F said:

From the NE to the SW. Though the surface wind appears to be more NLy now, probably why it's becoming the right side of marginal for snow, I am at 40m ASL and it's snowing, as a drier flow comes from inland off the snowfields to the north.

Raining again here. Is that it for me?

Just now, john mac said:

Raining again here. Is that it for me?

Started to rain/sleet here aswell thats weird 

And it's snowing again...just about trying to settle on the grass.

And its back to snow wtf

Rubbish here,can we have a proper cold spell next time please and some decent dry powdery snow about 3ft please:gathering:

We had heavy snow really came down about 30 minutes ago now rain absoloutely wonderful. 

And we have snow on the coast, dont know what it is on the murr scale, can see it ,but not very much of it.

So what's happening Thurs/Fri then :D  Netweather has me down for snow.  Seem to recall something happening as i'm dibbing in and dibbing out - does anyone know?

Still trying to snow from time to time. Even just snow for a bit really trying. But can't stay as snow. Need to move to folkestone lol.

Heavy snow in Lowestoft at sea level for the last hour. Now starting to stick. I suspect we are going to have a fair few hours of snow this evening and tonight here. And there was me thinking we'd escaped :wallbash:

1 hour ago, cjwardy said:

Steve,

ill be interested to hear how you get on driving home later. 

I’ll be heading from London to New Barn via the A20. 

Do do you think I’ll need to plan a different route? 

Cheers

Going home at 230

eta a20 about 330-345

estimating it being tricky - depends on whether any accidents

i have a choice - come off & go brands hatch or a20 come off west kingsdown...

Its been snowing in Ipswich for like an hour, between light and heavy bursts. Another nice surprise like yesterday when i was just expecting rain.

If it gets really cold later on this might get really dangerous with so much water still on pavements and roads.

Rain, sleet, snow and the kitchen sink is starting to clear South-Eastwards now, rapidly becoming lighter and fizzling out. 

Tonight, temperatures widely well below freezing, could be some pretty dangerous conditions tomorrow morning.. 

8 minutes ago, Lowestoft Tiler said:

Heavy snow in Lowestoft at sea level for the last hour. Now starting to stick. I suspect we are going to have a fair few hours of snow this evening and tonight here. And there was me thinking we'd escaped :wallbash:

Still light here but if its snowing there and in beccles it must be getting closer to heavier snow here.

17 minutes ago, Lowestoft Tiler said:

Swap you 😝

7 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Still light here but if its snowing there and in beccles it must be getting closer to heavier snow here.

Just moderate, miserable sleety rain again now.:cray:

No snow here nothing didn’t even stick here in uckfield but up the road in Crowborough they got a dumping 

Brightening up now! Watch the temperature go through the floor!!

I hate it when it snows but doesn't settle.. and it might be the last snowfall this year :nonono:

3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

.. and it might be the last snowfall this year :nonono:

with 3 weeks left of 2017, pretty safe to say that will be the case.

10 minutes ago, Tom Jarvis said:

No snow here nothing didn’t even stick here in uckfield but up the road in Crowborough they got a dumping 

That bit of altitude can make all the difference. Similar case with here and Heathfield.