SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

If the ground temperature is zero or below, snow will settle readily even on damp surfaces. If th snow is heavy enough, it can even settle on surfaces which are slightly above freezing.

Yep - Back in January it was raining for hours and then the cold air undercut, it turned to heavy snow and within minutes everything was white. 

Wet ground does not stop snow from settling, dew points being above freezing however does.

• Like 2
Just now, Danny* said:

5/10 snowfall here now, settling a little on some surfaces, I wasn't expecting anything but rain at this level so i'll take it!

10 mins up the road in rainham at 400ft ASL and its raining. Crazy how marginal it is and how elevation doesn't seem to matter. Its snowing here at sea level in east London right now.

3 hours ago, anything-but said:

Considering I'm a motorcycle courier, staying home today seems a wise call seeing as my day is spent around Surrey, south and east London. Do not want to be caught out if the weather turns wintery! 

Do you ever stay out overnight for your job or are you out and back in a day?

5 minutes ago, Angel Wings said:

Wonder if this is correct , if it is I can see the kids being sent home as quiet a few have to get buses and they stopped all buses down my area yesterday , may call he school and see what they say if this snow carries on 

71E447B7-645E-482E-98AC-7D38A91E21ED.jpeg

i think you are correct, my kids school has just been closed in felsted! mrs not happy though its caused murders with her eyebrow appointment lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Do you ever stay out overnight for your job or are you out and back in a day?

Never overnight, love home comforts too much!

Worked it out recently and i've done over 1.2 million miles on the road since i started. :) 

3 minutes ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

Dew point just too high here. Looks like I'll be missing out again :wallbash: We're supposed to be moving house in the next year and I can't bl**dy wait.

Are you moving to higher elevation? or different location. It seems a lot of us snow lovers choose houses on elevation

Cant wait to het home later

heavy snow here in orpington means very heavy at home

the forecast of accumulations over 400 feet are spot on!

lookinh at the radar im expecting 5-6 cm at west kingsdown & 2-4 at home