Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
5 minutes ago, Keefo said:

Sidsnake

About 20 mins ago, traffic was moving fine in High St. As she travels by bus, might be wise to get 251 rather than 252 as quicker journey and avoids Rotherfield and its lanes. Might be wise to make a move now as radar looks like snow for a while yet

Thanks very much for getting back to us Keefo.  Kind regards

Posted

Not moaning, not complaining, not snowing... Still raining!!

Not that anything else was forecast, but having seen the state of some other Kentish and Sussex seaside towns I did have a small amount of hope. Naaaah.

Deal, Kent. 5m asl.

Edited by Ellozee
added location

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Canvey island- so I left the island this morning raining temp 4.5 got off island to snow still on ground temp 2. Took boy to school went food shop temp down to 0.5 back on the island 2.5 lol. However it' changing to snow again now here and just had a text from school in Basildon to say they are finishing early- they didn't start till 10 today so I am watching for any major changes coz it' going to take me while to get back over to the school.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Starting to see fresh accumulations, which is surprising given how har it rained earlier. You can see it starting to build up on the boy’s trampoline cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Bigger flakes amongst the sleet but still not proper snow. Temp 1.5 but dp still apparently 2.

Posted

Wavering between sleet and snow in Colchester. Some slight coverage on wet surfaces and it's building up on existing snow cover but generally it's not sticking much.  Met Office may have called this just right in terms of the 100m elevation....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold

Looks like turning drier soon from the West . For those seeing snowfall - enjoy! Can’t complain as we saw some snowfall yesterday in West London which got heavy at times. ?❄️❄️❄️❄️

Posted

If the ground temperature is zero or below, snow will settle readily even on damp surfaces. If th snow is heavy enough, it can even settle on surfaces which are slightly above freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

If the ground temperature is zero or below, snow will settle readily even on damp surfaces. If th snow is heavy enough, it can even settle on surfaces which are slightly above freezing.

Yep - Back in January it was raining for hours and then the cold air undercut, it turned to heavy snow and within minutes everything was white. 

Wet ground does not stop snow from settling, dew points being above freezing however does.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

5/10 snowfall here now, settling a little on some surfaces, I wasn't expecting anything but rain at this level so i'll take it!

Posted
Just now, Danny* said:

5/10 snowfall here now, settling a little on some surfaces, I wasn't expecting anything but rain at this level so i'll take it!

10 mins up the road in rainham at 400ft ASL and its raining. Crazy how marginal it is and how elevation doesn't seem to matter. Its snowing here at sea level in east London right now.

Posted

Wonder if this is correct , if it is I can see the kids being sent home as quiet a few have to get buses and they stopped all buses down my area yesterday , may call he school and see what they say if this snow carries on 

71E447B7-645E-482E-98AC-7D38A91E21ED.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!
3 hours ago, anything-but said:

Considering I'm a motorcycle courier, staying home today seems a wise call seeing as my day is spent around Surrey, south and east London. Do not want to be caught out if the weather turns wintery! 

Do you ever stay out overnight for your job or are you out and back in a day?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

All this about above sea level im right by sea wall infact lower than sea level and we have proper snow falling 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Supposedly snow is going to hit Gillingham in the next few hours.

Far too wet and mild out there for any settling, will make the drive home a nightmare though if it comes off.