SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

Just now, daveinleices said:

Any chance that once this heavy band of precip that's passed through London and Kent leaves, that the precip behind will perk up?

Or will we just have light snow?

Most likely light/moderate...

However with such unstable air and precip banding back way out west pepping can crop up @anytime...in these situ's.

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Are we to look to the LP coming up the channel for the next lot then?

Need my snow fix!

Yep, next UKV is in shortly so will see what it does with it.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Paul said:

What's really interesting today is that the model data has done a great job for 99% of the time in terms of prec type, with the prec in the SE, it has it turning inrceasingly wintry from 1400, so the radar will start to change more at that point. One thing we've looked at, and may start doing for the radar is running the modelling for the prectype in 15 minute increments rather than hourly, then changes will come through earlier in situations such as this. :)  

That sounds cool (excuse the pun!).

It's really coming down here and now settling on the path and patio (always the last surfaces to settle for some reason). :) 

Just now, Windblade said:

That sounds cool (excuse the pun!).

It's really coming down here and now settling on the path and patio (always the last surfaces to settle for some reason). :) 

Those surfaces will be warmest. Grass, car roofs etc. lose heat far easier than roads and footpaths etc.

It’s been so windy and chucking it down with rain most of the day here , the temp has taken a nose dive in the last hour from 8c to now 4.8 .What is everyone’s opinions for later and tomorrow ? 

41 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

About an hr's worth of snow here, nothing settled. So not proper snow. Bring back January 1987 is what I say...

To be fair it is only 10th December. This is pretty heavy snow across much of the country for so early in winter.

• Like 2

Been constant and heavy now for 90 minutes and adding up nicely in the garden. Was never marginal down here at any point, was -1c at 9am and still around 0.1c with -2c Dewpoint.

Trees have that Alpine look to them.

• Like 1

Was moderate snow here near Heathrow (work) for 45 minutes from around 1pm, about 2 cms accumulated in that time, stopped now.

24852353_10155279480632773_656261755507842964_n.thumb.jpg.957d04fa3f4ee0e629fe9f72bf1346b9.jpg24910129_10155279480567773_7855121763488197795_n.thumb.jpg.7c6943ea5a6bac4b8105280483ff7f0a.jpg

Video.MOV

Was nothing but rain/sleet at home in Croydon and most the way until Heathrow area on the way to work late morning.

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Been constant and heavy now for 90 minutes and adding up nicely in the garden. Was never marginal down here at any point, was -1c at 9am and still around 0.1c with -2c Dewpoint.

Trees have that Alpine look to them.

Been ridiculously marginal here all day. Temp of 0.4c and DP of -0.2c, it's great when you're just the right side of it!

• Like 2
Just now, Nick L said:

Unfortunately it will all be dying a death from here.

Thanks for your reply Nick.

Just light snow here then - can hardly complain, it's been snow all day in margianal west London....

Hopefully our opportunity tonight come to fruition..... SNOW DAY!!! :D

Although I'll be in L'Hôpital tommorow anyway.... bloody epilpsy :closedeyes:

Edited by daveinleices