SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

2 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Spot on WIB.

Pleased with my snowfall so far. Pic taken from my front door.

IMG_0202[1].JPG

Really impressive - looks like lots of folk have done much better than expected.

Just a slushy deposit here in SW London but more northern parts of London have done pretty well too!

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

Still snowing here but easing off a bit. Reckon there is about 6cms coving everything so far. Temp now 0c down  from 1.9 at 645 - the weather station has revived itself. I have been out and built a modest snowman with my 5 year old daughter. So we a both happy Its the most snow she's seen. It's great snow for snowballs and snowmen!

1 minute ago, Surrey said:

low just about to pass to the south of me.. PPN moving back south shortly with better chances of snow for people further south

I’m waiting for that pivot and the back edge snow, though not sure it’ll be for very long. 

7 minutes ago, Hearts in Herts said:

And yet still coming down.. took a top of bin shot to get the depth. Not bad at all :) A good 11cm going on for 12cm 

25105731_10156419928471554_1363106720_n.jpg

I would say St Albans to Stevenage area were in the jackpot zone for snow totals.  We have about 10 cm's in Buntingford about 10 miles East of you.

1 minute ago, West is Best said:

By the way, this should arguably have been a Red warning. It's a long time since we've seen such widespread heavy snowfall and travelling in this is hazardous to life.

I wouldn't go that far. But what I'm hearing is many councils were not prepared one bit hearing things about cars sliding down hills scary stuff! 

1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

I wouldn't go that far. But what I'm hearing is many councils were not prepared one bit hearing things about cars sliding down hills scary stuff! 

Problem is they gritted and then it rained. Then it snowed. Can’t do much about that happens every time it’s a rain to snow event 

• Like 2