SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Started off raining here but now snowing very heavily and everything white! Beautiful 

IMG_4957.JPG

Same as here, what an absolute delight, very surprised now we are the right side of marginal lets hope we can maintain some of the PPN

• Like 1

This is exciting, an instant dusting of whatever is falling on some surfaces outside. Still struggling to make out what the hell it is though.. Hopefully when the slightly heavier stuff comes in it'll 100% be snow instead of "wintry stuff"

Just now, Surrey said:

Same as here, what an absolute delight, very surprised now we are the right side of marginal lets hope we can maintain some of the PPN

It's absolutely hammering it down here in Englefield Green, massive flakes and I've not seen it snow this heavily since 2010. Everything covered, roads included. Enjoy it mate, is it the same in Thorpe? 

I think what’s helped is here it’s not very windy as expected so not so much mixing

now the snows in should it stay as snow for the whole time or is it likely to change back to rain?  

4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Top on the list of demands ! 

Had to be above 150M - would have been going bananas in Greenithe now !

You’re my hero! :D 

I did exactly the same thing here, even though I’ve got the mountains close by it’s always nice to see snow falling in your back garden.

I remember you were hacked off about your previous home because it was like 3 feet above sea level! 

• Haha 1

Very sleety in Leigh On Sea

Just some slushy mess on the grass at the moment, nothing to get excited about, and hopefully can drive further afield today to find some proper sledging snow - Woohoo

Moderate steady snow here now - starting to settle on the grass but the pavements/roads is still soooooo saturated that cannot see it settling there.....

2 mins later and the cars are getting very covered and roofs too - hints the garden path may be about to change colour soon tooooo

Edited by kevey

Still a sleety mix here, but more flakes in the fall than at 5:30. Transitional? Hope yet? Washout? Loving these pictures though. Could be a wintry couple of days. Impressive gusts here too, which I'm sure will give blizzard conditions wherever more formed snow is falling.

2 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

Everything is going white now I'm in Orpington Kent still snowing 

Hi abbie123,

I  have a sister, who lives in Tubbenden Lane and she and my little niece, will be thrilled!!

Best wishes.

Tom.

• Like 1