SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

7.44am and after heavy rain at 6.30 now full transition to heavy snow and just started to settle on roof tops and grass here in Locksbottom.Pleasent surprise and it must be evap cooling taking place here.If it continues at this rate it is possible we may even have a decent covering.Think anyone in home counties North of river are going to get best covering for a number of years.Good luck to everyone on the forum-We have waited long enough for this !!

1 minute ago, Dan the Man said:

Somehow it remains open. All credit to the snow clearing teams over there, as half of this amount would've closed the runway in previous years.

Substantial delays though.

Indeed, bet it's quite a battle against the snow up there at the moment! Although they'll be struggling if this keep up for the next few hours as forecast..

It could get interesting if this carries on until lunchtime, as currently predicted, coinciding with the stiff breeze that we are forecast to get.....could create some nice landscapes, unless the wind cancells out any evaporative cooling that maybe assisting currently! Certainly going to be interesting seeing how this all unfolds.

2 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

And now it’s snow. From rain to sleet to snow in about 10 minutes.

can’t see it settling though.

I couldn't either, given the very wet start, but it is, quite readily now.  Hope it will all white by the time the children wake :-)