SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Merry Xmas, To all on the South East thread. Didn't think I'd still be here, being able to celebrate Christmas, after suffering a brain haemorrhage/stroke, in September 2015. But fortunately, due

Snowline has moved back across the water now so north kent / Surrey etc back in the fray - great wrap around as well heavy snow here in Eltham -1cm , wifey just text 0.2c in NAG with heavy snow a

I’ve just seen this on my Facebook newsfeed - made me chuckle!

Posted Images

LeadingEdge10Dec2017.thumb.jpg.ff95bf76a234ef15399d1ef41d683643.jpg <---- This was at 4.15am

2hrsLater.thumb.jpg.0fbb514969637606f78cc113f3c3e4c1.jpg <---- and this is 2 and a half hours later

6.30snowfallrate.thumb.jpg.830460cbda82b37e4da7bbc79da400d8.jpg a look at the snowfall still coming down on an easterly wind

So about an inch and a half (4cms ish) so far which is fantastic after thinking it would just be rain or sleet at best. Really hope that the magic flakes show up for others as the system moves during the day :cold-emoji:

For those on mobiles, I'm in the Chiltern Hills.

• Like 2

Watford - moderate snow currently. Started as snow earlier, then transitioned to sleet and back to snow now. Perhaps a cm or so lying. Could there be some significant totals does anyone think? Is the depth likely to increase over the morning? Thanks. Good luck to all!

Just now, svalji said:

Watford - moderate snow currently. Started as snow earlier, then transitioned to sleet and back to snow now. Perhaps a cm or so lying. Could there be some significant totals does anyone think? Is the depth likely to increase over the morning? Thanks. Good luck to all!

The fact you got snow falling is a good sign, means the cold air is a bit closer than thought

11 minutes ago, Angel Wings said:

Well I can confirm it is snowing here in Chelmsford again , snowed from about 4am turned to rain about 5 o’clock and is now turning back to snow ⛄️ 

You must be in Danbury as heavy rain in Broomfield

Morning all,

Just conducted a lamppost watch, which still revealed, all rain, here in Lee, London. SE12. But going on reports, a little to the west and north of here, would expect to see a few snowflakes, amongst the rain, soon.

Best wishes,

Tom.

• Like 1

Decided to take the plunge and sign up to the site. Even here in Aston Clinton at low elevation (and normally the ultimate in marginal locations) we have really heavy snow and it is beginning to accumulate nicely with hopefully plenty more to come

• Like 2