Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Proper sleet now falling in Beccles...Launch the celebration-balloons!:yahoo::crazy:

Temp/dew at nearest weather station is 0.4c/-0.2c, I love marginal when I'm the right side of it!

• Like 2

nothing falling currently, in a bit of a dry slot, but look west of london 

If anyone would like to escape the dreadful cold and white glare of snow fields, a short trip to Portsmouth will sort you out - currently 8C and the sun has just come out :)

• Like 1

The snow line is much further south than predicted unless i missed a late forecast . Steve Murr seems to know his stuff and indicated a southerly correction . Well done Steve . Hope your getting some of the white stuff

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick L said:

Temp/dew at nearest weather station is 0.4c/-0.2c, I love marginal when I'm the right side of it!

That's not really marginal though? :whistling:

I have a feeling this could fall all as snow here in SE Essex.

Temp -1c and Dewpoint -2c - Nothing marginal about it here

Just picked up daughter from sleepover and its awful on the roads, it looks like a winter wonderland though

• Like 1

Ugh! Had a good setting, could have had a couple on Cms about now. But the rain has ruined it in Linford.

How's the pivot going? Snow likely to continue in Herts/Beds/Bucks? 

Even after the rain, theres still a nice dusting on the rooftops so still cold out there. Looks to be a drier period coming in now. Hopefully they'll be some precip left as the cold air filters south for later. 

interesting chart from the GFS a secondary low?

overview_018.jpg?2017121000

10 minutes ago, Dorset_mist said:

I need to do a 1 hour anti clockwise m25 Motorway run from Surrey to Blackheath SE London around 4pm today...am I likely to get stuck, or will it all be rain then?

Have a look at the traffic cams before you head out but personally, I'd leave it. Temps will drop later causing ice no matter what we get today.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Will the mild air be gone before this comes? Got light rain atm in Canterbury!

still snowing heavy, just can make it out. Front of the house. BTW the grass out front isn't flat, it's got raised bits so we haven't had 3 foot!

snow outside.jpg

Another pic from this morning by hubs:

24993400_10155669457155831_1842669627051

Edited by Dami

Feeling almost tropical down here on the wet and windy South Coast ( Hastings ). The temperature has risen from -0.3c at midnight to 8.8c currently. Enjoy yourselves further north.

3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Am I right in thinking now for us (I'm in Croydon) that it's heading East towards us (I think you're on a similar path where you are)?

Just gets better and better. As mums birthday remember Dec 10 1981 as good snowy day. 

1512898256826-687421642.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hassocks Weather said:

The snow line is much further south than predicted unless i missed a late forecast . Steve Murr seems to know his stuff and indicated a southerly correction . Well done Steve . Hope your getting some of the white stuff

We were discussing this all day yesterday obsessively! Wasn't just Steve!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well most unexpectedly I awoke to find it's hammering it down in Chelmsford. Not sure when it switched to snow bit looks like maybe about 7ish?

Cars now starting to struggle and the small tree on my path is bent over under the weight. Actually turned out to be a decent event here.

• Like 1

Looks like the rain band is heading further north into Essex. Needs to do one! :angry: