Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Recommended Posts

Beautiful sunny morning here with clear blue skies. Chilly at 2C currently with barely any wind. Lovely :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding this coming week, it does look cold (not extreme, but temperatures down to middle single figures with frosts by night). Just keep an eye on the forecasts, particularly for Thursday which is the day I am interested in, some strong instability moving south with 850s at -6C or lower. We might have a shot at a snow event or at the very least some sizeable convection off the north sea with hail and thunder a possiblity as well.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's blimin' cold this morning, but you knew that any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite low 850hPa temps -6C over much of London and the Home Counties, today will be primarily clear and bright but cold outside chance of a wintry shower.

21DE39AC-CA5B-4F5B-8A01-05535A75B645.thumb.png.74266dacfbe9be3247b8bc95d24a3753.png

Edited by Daniel*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brrrr. According to forecast this continues all week, after a very slight warm up tomorrow due to a weak  weather front.

Edited by alexisj9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Brrrr. According to forecast this continues all week, after a very slight warm up tomorrow due to a weak  weather front.

Best you get the fire stoked up :cold:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just had some rain.:cray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excitement building on the main thread as to what “might” be coming over the coming weeks.

Early/mid December would be great for a proper cold spell, what with the short days, weak sun etc. I’m no expert but to add to this I’m guessing a relatively warm North Sea could be helpful if we get a stonking Easterly/North Easterly, though perhaps I am getting slightly ahead of myself!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest FAX chart shows an interesting feature coming down the East coast.. 

 

Ooo.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Latest FAX chart shows an interesting feature coming down the East coast.. 

 

Ooo.gif

Hi Daniel, know nothing about the fax charts (or any other to be honest), can you elaborate on what it’s showing, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sharpedge said:

Hi Daniel, know nothing about the fax charts (or any other to be honest), can you elaborate on what it’s showing, thanks.

Sure - The black line just to the North of East Anglia is a trough usually carry moisture with them, this chart is valid for Tuesday. By then the 528DAM line (air thickness needed for snow) is moving well into France (the dotted black line)

So it could bring some wintry weather down the East Coast/Into East Anglia for Tuesday. The GFS does show this system too though at the moment shows it to be mostly rain.

winteroverview_108.thumb.jpg.b462ebb4dd8561043f4ac43e2b53aad0.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First snow flake shown on my phone I know it’s early days, but for November!

CF699C15-F9F0-4757-933B-3D0B51475633.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had enough of this ice and snow , when is it going to get mild?:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I've had enough of this ice and snow , when is it going to get mild?:rofl:

shh lass. Hubs buys stuffs when it's cold and does tasty stews. Brought me a big bottle of my fave tipple.

In a total off topic kind of way, when ya changing ya avatar? Tis almost christmas after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dami said:

shh lass. Hubs buys stuffs when it's cold and does tasty stews. Brought me a big bottle of my fave tipple.

In a total off topic kind of way, when ya changing ya avatar? Tis almost christmas after all

Forgot it was stuck on easter lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Sure - The black line just to the North of East Anglia is a trough usually carry moisture with them, this chart is valid for Tuesday. By then the 528DAM line (air thickness needed for snow) is moving well into France (the dotted black line)

So it could bring some wintry weather down the East Coast/Into East Anglia for Tuesday. The GFS does show this system too though at the moment shows it to be mostly rain.

winteroverview_108.thumb.jpg.b462ebb4dd8561043f4ac43e2b53aad0.jpg

 

Thanks for that explanation, we are travelling to Dieppe on Thursday then driving down to La Rochelle, as much as I like snow, could do with a clear run and return a week later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The temperature dropped to -3 here last night and -4 in Farnborough (just down the road). Looks like we’re in for another cold one tonight too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had another, quite heavy rain shower, which thankfully has stopped so bubs doesn't get wet going to her friends party. Always rains on parties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dami said:

Just had another, quite heavy rain shower, which thankfully has stopped so bubs doesn't get wet going to her friends party. Always rains on parties.

Mysterious nothing showing on the radar over you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still yet to record an air frost here this autumn though last night came very close locally. Tmin: 0.1c at Herstmonceux, 0.5c in my garden.

Clear and sunny all day and it looks as though the temperature has peaked at 7.0c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Mysterious nothing showing on the radar over you. 

i think the showers are dying out pretty much as they pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

uksnowrisk.png

 

as we go into next week and our second named blob of the season appears.

blob Byrne, named for Patsy Byrne, actress from Ashford

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home from seeing Steps and Vengaboys at Wembley Arena and OMG it feels absolutely freezing outside, despite all the dancing earlier. 3C apparently, but feels way colder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×