Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

So i did not have to travel. I expect it will turn back to rain, but nice to see snow falling for a time!

• Like 1

Maybe we’re just too far south. I think our best chances are with an easterly from a scandi high. This is just too marginal for us :( 

Just now, Britneyfan said:

Pretty sure it will start as rain snow later 

It is snow here. I am not lying- granted i am on slightly higher ground here than most other people.

Check the radar and the last few frames. It looks as though it will pivot and then head south 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

It is snow here. I am not lying- granted i am on slightly higher ground here than most other people.

Please edit your profile (top of web page) and add your location otherwise we don't know where "here" is. 

15 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

Snow now sleety rain here right by the south side of the Thames! PROMISING 

Your location?

Very sleety not far from snow I did not expected that so early..

Just had what I can only describe as a short spell of incredibly fine snow here in Romford....settling readily on cars but melting as soon as it stopped.  Bodes well for later, hopefully :)

Taken a short while ago and it's still snowing although radar seems stuck holding me right on a knife edge before slush and has been for the last 30 or 40 mins!

LeadingEdge1.jpg

LeadingEdge2.jpg

LeadingEdge3.jpg

• Like 2

Sleet here in North East Essex. Having to wait for passing cars as our streetlights are off until 5am.

Snow line starting to be chased down from the South already so many places starting as snow make the most of it 👍

8 minutes ago, Frostbite1980 said:

Snow line starting to be chased down from the South already so many places starting as snow make the most of it 👍

Why is that it finished 

Still snow here and there is a covering, but looking at the radar I'm not sure if will stay as snow.:nonono:

Edit: If it does stay as snow then they'll be quite a bit as it's coming down pretty hard!

Edited by mishy

1 minute ago, Swave Snow said:

Why is that it finished 

If you get a turn over to rain then you are waiting for the cold air to move back in a bit later hopefully but obviously this restricts the accumulations.

Just now, Frostbite1980 said:

If you get a turn over to rain then you are waiting for the cold air to move back in a bit later hopefully but obviously this restricts the accumulations.

And from the way the low pressure is coming in on the sat could it maybe become a channel low 

Just now, Swave Snow said:

And from the way the low pressure is coming in on the sat could it maybe become a channel low 

The further south the slider goes now the better but at this rate the snow/rain line will be across Beds in the next hour.

Just woke up and checked outside. Dusting of snow on the roofs and trees but falling mostly as mushy sleet now here in NE London.

Such a shame, only about 15 miles south of the snow boundary!