Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day up in Peterborough with lots of sunshine. A wee nip in the air but still feeling pleasant in the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Came out of work at 18:30 and the car already iced over. 

No mind numbing rain, wind and mild!

Perfect!! If only the whole of winter could be like this. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

How far is that line of precipitation expected to make it east tonight ?

looks quite an intense band. 

FCD895AC-B267-4025-B7B2-25EABB96953C.png

Edited by shotski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
15 minutes ago, shotski said:

How far is that line of precipitation expected to make it east tonight ?

looks quite an intense band. 

FCD895AC-B267-4025-B7B2-25EABB96953C.png

According to this evening's Arpege it's meant to head SE into France with rain not getting further east than the IoW. However it's likely to introduce some cloud and lift temps a little after midnight.

At 20.30 my thermometer is showing -1.5C in my back garden and my lawn is turning ever more white.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!
2 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yaayy finally the coldest air has filtered to here in Kent

my first freezing temp ever recorded at the new house on my new device !

IMG_1321.thumb.JPG.54d118cb853febc00e4eada1550ab5c6.JPG

...is it right about the cloud cover though? lol ;)

Posted

The Welsh wintry precipitation consisting of sleet & snow, has my name on it! Not had a look at dew point or temperature but it feels cold. I might do an all nighter of sorts I always want to catch the first flakes, probably will come to nothing with cold rain/sleet here but there’s a chance. 

CF0B9A46-E193-4656-8D0C-7B73750E1D95.thumb.png.5a51e12f7978dd3bfa8973bd21df9397.png

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The Welsh wintry precipitation consisting of sleet & snow, has my name on it! Not had a look at dew point or temperature but it feels cold. I might do an all nighter of sorts I always want to catch the first flakes, probably will come to nothing with cold rain/sleet here but there’s a chance. 

CF0B9A46-E193-4656-8D0C-7B73750E1D95.thumb.png.5a51e12f7978dd3bfa8973bd21df9397.png

Do an all nighter watching the ashes :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
3 minutes ago, throwoff said:

We don’t really think it will make it here do we?

No, it'll start dying away in the next hour or two

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Well tonight is very cold here and the bird and hedgehog water was freezing up. Came upstairs and my partner looked out the window and called me over as he was convinced it had snowed. So I went over in disbelief, and tried to convince him it was just ice and I had just been out of the house the other side. Yet the windscreens all have what l like a covering of snow, with gaps where its slid down. So I decide its time to pop back in to Netweather and have a catch up. Looked back at the radar and nothing.. But then at 9.50 (I think) it shows a blob of freezing rain right over our town.. Hello winter ? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 hours ago, Hearts in Herts said:

Well tonight is very cold here and the bird and hedgehog water was freezing up. Came upstairs and my partner looked out the window and called me over as he was convinced it had snowed. So I went over in disbelief, and tried to convince him it was just ice and I had just been out of the house the other side. Yet the windscreens all have what l like a covering of snow, with gaps where its slid down. So I decide its time to pop back in to Netweather and have a catch up. Looked back at the radar and nothing.. But then at 9.50 (I think) it shows a blob of freezing rain right over our town.. Hello winter ? 

Everything is coated in frost here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Hoping to see a few flakes from this little band,im 10 miles inland and 70m in elevation now since I moved

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Air frost here, the band moved through here  (in Raleigh this morning). It looks like it fell ad freezing rain as there are no flakes on the ground, just ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Well my first full 12 hours (so far since 7pm last night ) Air Frost here in Mid Norfolk. Down to -3.3c my lowest November min in 7 years! Not to keen on next week set up for this area yes a northerly but not expecting any snow ❄️ due to the North Sea still at 12c . Always the case this time of year , if only it was mid Jan. Oh well can't complain let's just hope all what's going on in the model forum that winter 2017/18 will be a year for cold after last year close but no cigar event! 

Posted

Beautiful cold, crisp and clear frosty morning in South Norfolk. Still -1.5. Beeb said back into the freezer next week...

Edited by ribster
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There is light frost on the roofs, back lawns but nothing on the front lawns.  It looks like it is going to be a lovely sunny day.