Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I’ve just popped out to the car, the frost on it is so thick I couldn’t believe it. It’s so frustrating about all that rain tomorrow, would be nice if it was all wrong and the temperature stayed low and it  all fell as snow. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Today there was very little cloud cover and the only clouds there were cirrus clouds.  The sky is clear and it is getting colder.  The temperature at 7 pm is -0.1 °C  and the apparent temperature is -2.1 °C , and the dew point is -0.4 °C. 

Posted

So our snow had gone by lunchtime yesterday, drove 4 miles to Welwyn and there was still loads this evening.  It is so local.

Tomorrow the beeb forescast gives us 4 degree rain in the morning and again in the night - nice.....it also hints at cold again day 9.

Posted
42 minutes ago, m1chaels said:

So our snow had gone by lunchtime yesterday, drove 4 miles to Welwyn and there was still loads this evening.  It is so local.

Tomorrow the beeb forescast gives us 4 degree rain in the morning and again in the night - nice.....it also hints at cold again day 9.

Similarly, we are still under snow and ice. I understand go 20 miles odd West and there is nothing. 

I'd like to know why. Snow fell at both locations but only settled here. Tiny surface temperature variations. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A beautiful day today, clear skies and sunshine and the frost never melted in any shade. Cold again this evening, -1C currently. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There was strong bright sunshine earlier in the day which melted all the frost away by the early afternoon. The sky is clear and It is getting colder now. The temperature now is at -1C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Flippin freezing ! Just had to put the thick winter duvet on temp 0 so bbc says 

feels colder and thick frost has set in already

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

@lassie23 sure does ! Even my dog hesitated to go out ...I do love my big duvet but will need the fan on coz of hot feet :friends:

oh yes, i remember you mentioning your hot tootsies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

It does feel particularly cold this evening, still icey out front, frost on the car, pity no snow on the leading edge of the front thats moving in tonight.

Close to 14c by Saturday in London.:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Really cold frost on fence , roofs and cars already brrrrr , shame we will miss our again bit fingers crossed as we still have Jan/Feb and March ?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

It does feel particularly cold this evening, still icey out front, frost on the car, pity no snow on the leading edge of the front thats moving in tonight.

Close to 14c by Saturday in London.:sorry:

14c how disgusting

Not sure if anyone thought the roads were still a bit icey today ? I ask as a car hit my granddaughters pram today ( yes she was in it and thank god she was ok ) she slept all thru it ! But he come round the corner and said he didn’t see her ( low sun ) but then also said roads were slippery?? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

14c how disgusting

I know lassie, what a joke. :nonono:

Next chance of something wintry down here around 5th/6th/7th Jan if we are lucky.

gfs-0-216.png

gfs-1-216.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, snowray said:

I know lassie, what a joke. :nonono:

Next chance of something wintry down here around 5th/6th/7th Jan if we are lucky.

gfs-0-216.png

gfs-1-216.png

like the look of that

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Dire? Things are looking far from dire as long as there is no blowtorch SW’ly I’m reasonably content. Gritter just went past dry as a bone out there I assume the initial leading edge rain may fall on surfaces at or below freezing and freeze instantly - that wouldn’t be good. 

They do it for frost as soon as ground temps reach 0.

Posted

The snow that came down yesterday was still on the grass where the sun hadn’t touched it today, as was the frost.

Very cold and frosty again now, with everything sparkling in the moonlight...shame it’ll be gone by morning!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

All good for settling snow currently temp -0.1C Dew Point -1C always the way dry when it’s not wanted. 

Have you looked at the radar? There is some precipitation heading this way from the SW, if it maintains its intensity....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

-4.3c here. Being 100m up I am expecting some snow at first before transitioning to rain within the hour or so.