Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Ahh thought so, maybe you should put nr Dover, I should do the same really, nr Bexleyheath. Kents a big place and I'm not even in Kent strictly speaking, Bexley is SE London. Dover has its own mini climate though, I have driven down your way quite a few times and no snow anywhere until you hit the high ground just outside Dover, then its covered in it, inches of snow all the way down to Folkestone.:)

Got family down in Folkestone, amazing the amount of times of gone there after an easterly and it seems the place to be . ?, only 1.5 hours  drive .

Posted

Not a memorable xmas,  didn't start well when our neighbourhhood became a preserved crime scene overnight! An attempted murder with firearms apparently. I've injured my hand so can't cook and my boyfriend passed out after just two pints in the pub at lunchtime and as a result we had a rather rubbish 5pm burned xmas dinner! A bit of a strange christmas! Oh well, I have a fab t-shirt with a weather symbol on and chocolate, it's not all bad.

Trying to decipher what's going on wednesday morning, we're not in the warning area but  meto hourly insist on snow. Wait and see? 

• Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Not a memorable xmas,  didn't start well when our neighbourhhood became a preserved crime scene overnight! An attempted murder with firearms apparently. I've injured my hand so can't cook and my boyfriend passed out after just two pints in the pub at lunchtime and as a result we had a rather rubbish 5pm burned xmas dinner! A bit of a strange christmas! Oh well, I have a fab t-shirt with a weather symbol on and chocolate, it's not all bad.

Trying to decipher what's going on wednesday morning, we're not in the warning area but  meto hourly insist on snow. Wait and see? 

This day six years ago...Christmas morning all tucked in, we were burgled. It was not ideal! Sorry to hear about your hand and that violent incident sounds terrible so close to home. Yes, on course for some snow I think you’ll see some nice cover after initial rain - remember with the last slider parts of NW England were Amber warning 24 hours before, it was amended late, they ended up with flurries. They’re not terribly great at keeping up with the latest the ECM 12z made me raise an eyebrow.

6CCE4600-1110-40A5-BD92-F3493B70BB92.thumb.jpeg.5f05b333d6d57a924a42017a94773c19.jpeg

:santa-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

This day six years ago...Christmas morning all tucked in, we were burgled. It was not ideal! Sorry to hear about your hand and that violent incident sounds terrible so close to home. Yes, on course for some snow I think you’ll see some nice cover after initial rain - remember with the last slider parts of NW England were Amber warning 24 hours before, it was amended late, they ended up with flurries. They’re not terribly great at keeping up with the latest the ECM 12z made me raise an eyebrow.

6CCE4600-1110-40A5-BD92-F3493B70BB92.thumb.jpeg.5f05b333d6d57a924a42017a94773c19.jpeg

What do you reckon for NW Kent area this time?last time we just missed out had 2 hours of slush before it turned to rain then attempted to.snow again but was already wet ground. In some ways I'm wishing it wouldn't occur Wednesday as I'm back to work and a delivery driver and have to go to slough in the afternoon( more in the risk area I would assume)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

sorry to hear about your horrible christmas, did the october fog index predict snow for you, hopefully the attempted murder will be solved.

10 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

unfortunately there are lots of burglars about at christmas

Posted
6 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

What do you reckon for NW Kent area this time?last time we just missed out had 2 hours of slush before it turned to rain then attempted to.snow again but was already wet ground. In some ways I'm wishing it wouldn't occur Wednesday as I'm back to work and a delivery driver and have to go to slough in the afternoon( more in the risk area I would assume)

Probably more slushy stuff for low level NW Kent more hours of snow possible though so who knows. That could be a bit tricky there’s still uncertainty in where the most snow will be. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
18 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

Slough more at risk earlier in the morning on Weds, its all clearing east by early PM anyway, go south M25 and check weather warnings I'd say.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just sneaked a peep at the radar whilst Mrs Blessed watches Christmas Strictly. That's a beauty of a squall line moving east! Gusty winds heading our way!!

19.20 5a41539a6fef3_RadarMon25Dec19_20.thumb.jpg.6053950bc8272743e5cff8ff1591c595.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

There's some good news and some bad news from the 12z EPS in terms of snowfall for Wednesday

The bad news is that the majority of members look more like the 0z run with a more northerly trajectory and gives little in the way of meaningful snowfall as per the 12z deterministic run for much of the region (a cm or two shown, for some, but to be honest we have already seen from the ECM snow charts on Weather.us from last time that they tend to be a little overblown)

The better news for some in the thread is that a lot of members develop some slightly heavier precipitation through the Home Counties, which gives something slightly more noticeable for these areas.

Once again though, probably just worth a look out the window really on Wednesday morning - it's even more complicated this time than it was a few weeks ago

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Who cares about the home counties lol,they've had a decent snow fest,high time it was our turn

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
1 minute ago, snowrye said:

Who cares about the home counties lol,they've had a decent snow fest,high time it was our turn

Agreed!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
8 minutes ago, snowking said:

There's some good news and some bad news from the 12z EPS in terms of snowfall for Wednesday

The bad news is that the majority of members look more like the 0z run with a more northerly trajectory and gives little in the way of meaningful snowfall as per the 12z deterministic run for much of the region (a cm or two shown, for some, but to be honest we have already seen from the ECM snow charts on Weather.us from last time that they tend to be a little overblown)

The better news for some in the thread is that a lot of members develop some slightly heavier precipitation through the Home Counties, which gives something slightly more noticeable for these areas.

Once again though, probably just worth a look out the window really on Wednesday morning - it's even more complicated this time than it was a few weeks ago

Oxford in a decent position SK? Looking at the EPS 12z. Thanks. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Not quite northern Home Counties did very well I was wedged in the middle so near but yet so far. This looks more favourable to me south of that wretched M4 corridor / Thames. 

• Like 3

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mark N said:

Oxford in a decent position SK? Looking at the EPS 12z. Thanks. 

Herts/Beds/Bucks are the median counties shown under the sightly more intense precipitation to the N and NW of London, but the N of Oxfordshire looks to do okay too, especially with a bit of elevation

Still more twists to come one would suspect

Posted

@Daniel* Sorry to hear you got burgled as Christmas, that's really  awful. I'm lucky never to have been burgled but I know from those who have that there is a really tough emotional impact.

@lassie23 There is someone in custody at the moment but it's been less that 24 hours so we await news. I don't know the injured person. Only a few hours earlier there was a separate issue less than a mile away as someone's door was daubed with swastikas. I can't wait to get out of this dump next year!

Onto weather  night now, it's wild out there and I can hear the wind in the trees over the tv - and our lights keep dimming! Was going to put the recycling out until I looked at the radar!

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

@Daniel* Sorry to hear you got burgled as Christmas, that's really  awful. I'm lucky never to have been burgled but I know from those who have that there is a really tough emotional impact.

@lassie23 There is someone in custody at the moment but it's been less that 24 hours so we await news. I don't know the injured person. Only a few hours earlier there was a separate issue less than a mile away as someone's door was daubed with swastikas. I can't wait to get out of this dump next year!

Onto weather  night now, it's wild out there and I can hear the wind in the trees over the tv - and our lights keep dimming! Was going to put the recycling out until I looked at the radar!

I never knew  high wycombe was like that:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Really, when I Didn't notice it. Had loads of sleet though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
22 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

its very windy here

And here, really picking up about now.

• Like 1