IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

No fog here bummer if you wanted to hide away! :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Nice morning with a sharp frost. Down to -2.5C overnight. And absolutely zero, zilch fog here..... and by the sounds of it nowhere.... lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

like all the ideas for the socks and the name too, hot pot socks it is then:rofl: Could put a rude word beginning with C in the middle of pot  and socks, to keep those tree decorators warm:oops: Oh I forgot, this is a weather site:unsure2::rofl: errr no fog here just sun and frost

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

So....does anyone actually have any fog?? Clear, sunny and cold start to the day here, another frost and currently -1C.

No fog here either. Very hard frost.

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Strange no fog an icy morning though. EURO4 had extensive quite thick fog what went wrong. :D 

I believe Chemtrails had something to do with 'No Fog'. Chemtrails were spotted in certain areas, hence no fog. I used to think chemtrails was a big hoax, but after studying the cloud formations over the years, I knew what was and is artificial cloud and what was and is real time cloud. In my humble opinion, the chemtrails diminished the fog formation. They must have their crazy reasons for doing so. The MetO must have been left frustrated & angry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I can safety  say, Fog, what fog?:cray:

Posted

Some photos from my lunch time walk at Rushmere Country Park near Dunstable. It was still icy and the lake was almost completely frozen. There was a little bit of snow left as well which has survived for about 10 days so far.

20171219_122137.jpg

20171219_122825.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

i can confirm that we had extremely thick fog last night from around 10pm onwards, visibility was very low and it certainly didn't look like very pleasant driving conditions. i unfortunately overslept until midday though so i can't say if it lasted til daylight or not..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A large kack of heavy cloud

Foggy, icy start. Mild and clear by late pm.

Incredible the difference 24 hours makes on our tiny island weather wise. From a winter wonderland to a dull mild fest in under 24 hours. You can actually feel the warmer moist air when you go outside. Incredible stuff really. Good bye cold for the foreseeable future. Something cold looking likely around Christmas, but im not holding my breath. This year has winter 2010/2011 all over it. Very cold start but almost impossible to get any sustained cold after just flirting with it. People underestimate just how potent that jet stream can get when the cold dives south over America. The temp gradient is so massive that it's almost impossible to shut it off once it gets going.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Good morning. When I opened my curtains this morning, I was greeted with mild, damp, drizzly conditions. Simply awful. Temperature is around 9C, and compared to recently, It feels almost Balmy out there. I hope we all get another cold spell in 2018. But for now, We have to endure a dull bore fest. 

Posted

I have to say I am quite pleased it is milder today, I have an appointment this afternoon and have to take the bus and won't be back till quite late tonight, a couple of weeks ago when snow was showing for today i was quite worried about it.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

had more fog today than when fog was forecast to make things foggy, what a fog up of a fog forecast.:oops:

Same, funny that as I had a peep outside and went to sleep it was quite thick...

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grotty day here with low cloud, mist and a bit of drizzle. Feeling quite mild at 10C. Not very nice but at least we haven't seen much of this type of weather this winter. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Woke up to wet mist, could still see blue sky with patchy high cloud through it. Now its just low cloud with drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

What a lovely day it’s been today. 

Misty and murky with the low clouds around Ivinghoe beacon , fantastic winters day. ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Mild, damp, dreich, drizzly weather affects my health. I have not seen the sun for several days now.  I feel colder when its damp and drizzly than when it is cold and dry.

All I want is seasonable cold weather.

Today's temperature is 11.1 °C  and the humidity is  98%.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like we’ll just be dreaming of a white Christmas as usual I think I remember reading, why we see white Christmases appear a lot in bygone eras, was that many celebrated Christmas on January 7th using the Julian calendar. The UK switched to Gregorian calendar in the mid 18thC, of course it’s still used to this present day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
15 hours ago, Britneyfan said:

I actually am enjoying the milder weather, already had a decent snowfall this winter, so quite happy with something milder for a while 

My heating bill is enjoying the milder weather, I however can't stand wet mist\fog.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2