Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Beautiful and seasonal winter morning here, clear blue skies, sunny and calm with a current temperature of 0C. Hopefully a nice day ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Beautiful and seasonal winter morning here, clear blue skies, sunny and calm with a current temperature of 0C. Hopefully a nice day ahead.

Might plant my melons this week since winter is over:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Might plant my melons this week since winter is over:shok:

Just shows, psychic powers can develop at any time, amazing! Are you trying the new Arctic melons? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A very cold morning, the temperature now is  -0.3 °C  and the apparent temperature is -2.4 °C .  The wet thermometer is -0.4 °C and the dew point is -0.6 °C .

• Like 2

Posted
59 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Well my road is like an ice rink just lost it coming home after getting a flat tyre 

Hope you're ok? Not seen any gritters out for quite some time around our area.

Posted

The normal warm up for Christmas is happening next week. I have never seen it snow on Christmas day here. Would be nice to get a cold snowy new years. Met office seem confident of a cold spell in early Jan 

Posted

A nice frosty morning we might manage one more cold morning in the east before the flaming westerly/southwesterly breaks through. I don’t feel it’s goimg to be very mild, I’m not seeing December 2015. :D 

Posted

Well after a stressful sometimes showery move day yesterday, woken up a Halesworth resident with bright blue sunny skies, chilly with some icy patches in places. It can snow all it wants now, so of course it’s going to get milder :rofl:

Posted

A bright sundog visible here at the moment. Lovely day :)

IMG_4975.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

It's snowing !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It is raining  and a pretty pathetic attempt it is too.

Posted
3 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Well after a stressful sometimes showery move day yesterday, woken up a Halesworth resident with bright blue sunny skies, chilly with some icy patches in places. It can snow all it wants now, so of course it’s going to get milder :rofl:

Back from the hospital, of the two accidents I personally saw, there was one at Hopton which needed (as far as I could see) two fire engines, three police cars and two ambulances but as I reached the hospital other police cars and ambulances were headed in that direction with blue lights and sirens, so i guess it was serious enough that they might show it in the news. The other accident appeared to be a single car, I expect it was icy. The snow underfoot made it very slippy to walk but it had all melted by the time i got out, still quite raw in the wind now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Anyone get some sleety flakes this morning? Or am I seeing things again, my road is getting so dirty, Bexley council are terrible, all sorts of crap flying about in the wind in front of my house and up my drive.:blink2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, snowray said:

Anyone get some sleety flakes this morning? Or am I seeing things again, my road is getting so dirty, Bexley council are terrible, all sorts of crap flying about in the wind in front of my house and up my drive.:blink2:

Didn't even realise it was windy, quite still here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Smashing weather this morning, I’ll happily settle for this on Christmas Day.. here’s hoping! 

4550A9D7-0FD7-4BE7-B8C2-26F4545FD569.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

Back from the hospital, of the two accidents I personally saw, there was one at Hopton which needed (as far as I could see) two fire engines, three police cars and two ambulances but as I reached the hospital other police cars and ambulances were headed in that direction with blue lights and sirens, so i guess it was serious enough that they might show it in the news. The other accident appeared to be a single car, I expect it was icy. The snow underfoot made it very slippy to walk but it had all melted by the time i got out, still quite raw in the wind now.

Hope no one was badly hurt. 

Another bright but cold and frosty start here, garden didn’t thaw yesterday. Fields nice and crunchy under foot with iced over stream, much prefer this to the soggy wet and muddy stuff that looks to be headed our way for Xmas.

B92C28A8-89AF-4CE8-94F8-7D1B64A90021.jpeg

1482AB45-7264-455A-895B-03C0A6804825.jpeg

Edited by Blazerblue
Photos not uploading
  • Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Hope no one was badly hurt. 

Another bright but cold and frosty start here, garden didn’t thaw yesterday. Fields nice and crunchy under foot with iced over stream, much prefer this to the soggy wet and muddy stuff that looks to be headed our way for Xmas.

Lovely photos.Not sure if we have frost or snow here this morning, looks too thick to be frost, I'm going with a thin layer of snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well said bluebell and Blazerblue. It's a lovely start here - everything coated in a thick frost and down to -3.1C overnight. But the satellite image shows the warm front moving over us as I type, bringing rain later and heralding the end to this current spell of colder weather. 

5a3636bd10263_CloudSun17Dec09_00.thumb.jpg.efe7e1ddb297d2b74376561599bec13b.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning everyone,

A very frosty and somewhat misty morning here in mid Essex. My wife and I are about to drive up to Godmanchester to see our son and his partner, before driving with them up to Stamford to view how that small town has prepared for the festivities.

We had intended to do this last weekend but with the snowy conditions we thought better of it. I only hope that it is not foggy this evening for our return journey home.

Enjoy what looks to be an excellent day for getting out and about. Make the most of it as I understand that more unsettled weather is on the way from mid week.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A proper air frost this morning with some freezing fog. Unfortunately it has lifted into a gloomfest with the temperatures picking up quite quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I fear that the remaining snow patches here will be gone by tonight.