Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

What a night! We had very loud thunder cracks directly overhead as well as around half a dozen lightning bolts, I was really frightened and on top of that it was snowing at the same time and the light looked really odd in the snow! It looked like the air was about to catch fire. Its the only time I've ever seen  that in my entire life! Snow is everywhere on the ground now.

Net app didn't seem to pick it up but this did.... wondered what the hell was going on at the first strike lol

Screenshot_20171212-002158.png

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, David Haines said:

Net app didn't seem to pick it up but this did.... wondered what the hell was going on at the first strike lol

Screenshot_20171212-002158.png

Hi David, what's your location, are you near here? The first thunder I honestly thought there had been a car crash outside in the snow, it was only when I saw the lightning I realised what it was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
On 10 December 2017 at 06:34, Great Plum said:

Didn't make it here at all

C5DDE940-E465-44F4-BEFE-2AF10BFFF210.png

Rain all day yuck It's no good there it need to move NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Not even rain what is it about my location. ?? Sounds like thunder snow and everything last night in nearby locations gggrrr so jealous ... ?

Edited by snowfish1

Posted

1-2cm of snow overnight in Norwich so usual chaos ensuing today on the roads. -1c currently and sky looks like there could be more showers. Weird snow though, not sure if it thawed a little then refroze as is looks icy but it's really grippy underfoot, may be because it's so rough. If it freezes tonight I expect it to be worse tomorrow. Anyway, festive scenes just before Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

beautiful morning, sun shinning, slight, very slight covering of snow in the night. -2 dew point -3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely morning after overnight min of -1.8C. Glad I don't have to venture out this morning onto the ice rink normally known as a road!

The satellite image is interesting this morning and shows up the lying snow across the UK with Wales and the Pennines doing best. For our Region the demarcation line between snow or not can be seen roughly following a line just to the north of the M4 - although you can also pick out the exception - the high ground of Surrey. Also a north/south split in East Anglia.

5a2fa7e29a8d6_CloudTues12Dec09_00.thumb.jpg.f26d18919d112be098418159d0e67701.jpg

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Hi David, what's your location, are you near here? The first thunder I honestly thought there had been a car crash outside in the snow, it was only when I saw the lightning I realised what it was.

I'm in Lowestoft, nice to get some snow with it albeit not much......seem to of missed out on most of it during this cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

With a thank you to Dan Holley of Weatherquest - the 'leader board' for last night's minimum temps:

• Like 4

Posted

Managed to get -4.0C last night. Now a lovely sunny winters day. Currently  -2.3C

Posted

The most treacherous driving conditions out and about in quite a while.  Lots of black ice (away from the main routes) but many drivers driving around seemingly oblivious - going too quick or driving too close to the vehicle in front.... 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Weather_Novice said:

The most treacherous driving conditions out and about in quite a while.  Lots of black ice (away from the main routes) but many drivers driving around seemingly oblivious - going too quick or driving too close to the vehicle in front.... 

I'll never forget seeing a bus wedged back and front in the railings at the top of Crown Hill, many years ago,it slid on the ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day here, blue skies but still below freezing at -1C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The temperature has got a bit higher at 0.6 °C but the apparent temperature is at -2.1 °C  with the dew point raised to 0.3 °C   The frost is still on most of the roofs and lawns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Anyone else get thunder & lightning around midnight last night? I guess I'd call it thundersnow...:santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Only a wee bit, Dan. But it does look good. That snow days already, one more than what the last 4 winters produced!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
12 hours ago, ReindeerMarmalade said:

More precip forecast for tomorrow evening. Will be too warm for me but anyone else expecting something wintry?

Still interested in this. My dp is already 1° and the Farnham Snow Shield will hold firm but I wonder if others in the region might get something interesting?

IMG_0528.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Just bringing the chocolate teapot charts out BUT would be fun

17121400_1206.gif

17121400_1206.gif

17121400_1206.gif

17121400_1206.gif

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 3