Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme
1 hour ago, bobbydog said:

i'll be the one in the land rover discovery, waving as i pass you stuck on a speed bump :p

So it wasnt you my Quattro (with the winter tyres fitted this time)  easily yanked out of a snowy ditch on Leith Hill several years back - As he was in a Hilux looking very embarrassed :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
16 minutes ago, Keefo said:

-2.0c here. Frozen slush and very icy on untreated surfaces. 

I fear the NHS could be busy tomorrow

My daughter was in a and e this morning slipping on rain and badly twisting an ankle, we think anyway, may take her back tomorrow and request an x ray. I'm not happy with her foot. Nurse led minor injury we have in Dover. She felt around and said day off school rest it, and gave exercises. Which I was happy with, but something isn't right. Probably just being slightly over protective though may be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

My daughter was in a and e this morning slipping on rain and badly twisting an ankle, we think anyway, may take her back tomorrow and request an x ray. I'm not happy with her foot. Nurse led minor injury we have in Dover. She felt around and said day off school rest it, and gave exercises. Which I was happy with, but something isn't right. Probably just being slightly over protective though may be.

Sorry to hear that.

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Hope your daughter recovers soon and be extra careful tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

My mate lives in West Kingsdown just past the petrol garage and said it is like an Ice rink up there.Yet you travel about 1/3mile  down the hill and its all clear.Incredible the difference about 100ft difference makes!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
10 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Hope all OK.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
4 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

-1.1c here & frozen solid

total sheet ice here

37401CF2-FE17-4844-BE1A-9B78313F09CA.thumb.jpeg.790bc48e15ff206ad3564649629efada.jpegCCAAEDA0-143A-48BE-B7FE-E485F72325A2.thumb.jpeg.c6cc5d2b9c2c9a0c9909ef223df6594a.jpeg51057440-F7EA-4FC1-9B8D-7C07503DDFAF.thumb.jpeg.aa26b4ec209b88df57463a7f4a3655e6.jpeg

Yep that looks very similar to picture he just sent me on his phone!! Everyone take care tomorrow morning guys and girls!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

My mate lives in West Kingsdown just past the petrol garage and said it is like an Ice rink up there.Yet you travel about 1/3mile  down the hill and its all clear.Incredible the difference about 100ft difference makes!!

Yep nothing in long field it’s bad up here because it’s lumps of frozen slush - it’s like boulders now

Posted

Surprised by how icy it is already, our road which was gritted by neighbours yesterday so vehicles could get up it (a hill) already has a frost and sheen of ice on it, the iciest conditions I've known in a long time. Feels very cold out, especially with a slight wind. 

Not looking forward to the walk to work! 

Posted

Evening all. Shout out to Ed in Beccles..I moved to Ringsfield down the road from you a few months ago. Had heavy snow (after the heavy rain) pretty much all day which I was amazed to see settled well on grass and even patio etc. Sadly though began to melt after dark.

I was in Beccles shopping a week or so ago when it was raining there but rapidly turned to snow the nearer I got to home. Was interested to see when you posted earlier about rain we had snow falling. Didn't think there was much difference in altitude! Probably just luck? Just checked the met for Beccles and the rain symbols have changed more to sleet for the overnight period. I know that doesn't mean Jack but considering the symbols stayed as all rain all day and I had snow all day I am trying (its very trying) to stay positive. 

P.S am I included in the triangle of doom here?  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well what a fun few days its been and the build up watching the charts beforehand, that's why I love the weather especially Winter.

Ups and downs, swings and roundabouts. 

Last of the fun till 2018? Let's see what it brings....but for now I have one eye on Thursday :friends: :drunk-emoji:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The roads are already frozen even here in Central London, seen a couple of near accidents with people skidding and sliding over the mini roundabouts here, lots of tourists/pedestrians around that haven't got a clue and stepping into roads... Mental!

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Good for you, go back and get second opinion, as good as our hospitals are they can and do make mistakes. Good luck.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

arw

are we expecting snow thursday?? different reports  everywhere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It's sleeting!:yahoo::yahoo:

That shower is getting pretty big and heavier. About 15/20 minuted from me now. It's 1.4C with a Dew point of 1C......had heavy snow this afternoon with higher than that so fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Posted

Gritters out at the moment in Croydon and again at 05:00 hrs treating both primary and secondary routes. Tonight's temps will go down to -2C and then fall down to -6C by approx 06:00 hrs. Temps will remain below 0C tomorrow until approx 12:00 hrs and then steadily climb to a whopping 1C for the rest of the day ?

Edited by yamkin
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
8 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

sorry about that HUGE last post:oops:

:D

To answer the question, a rinse and repeat cannot be ruled out just yet Donna :friends:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
12 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Good for you, go back and get second opinion, as good as our hospitals are they can and do make mistakes. Good luck.

Yep I intend to. Won't be the frst miss with my daughter if something is up. She broke a collar bone at school, which was missed first time I took her in. Couldn't believe it, even an amateur could tell. Probably why I'm feeling nervous.

Thank you for your kind words everyone.

Posted

It's -2.1.c here, not 2.1.c.  We have a ceiling projector clock with in/out temps and I was too lazy to turn the turn the light off when looking at it!!

Lots of people on High Wycombe social media pages reporting bad road conditions because of ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Thur/fri interp-gfs 18z...

Early to call again!..

But worth an' earmark...

More modeling required..

Certainly not out of the question, and gfs steadfast on keeping the cold..

850's primmed!

Factoring in surface cold already in situ.

Honestly feasible.

As-again more output!...

gfs-2-54.png

gfs-1-66.png

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2