Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

One last 'arty' shot of a South coast snow day.

Hard pushed to remember 70mph gusts one day and a blizzard  that sticks the day after!

20171211_161324.jpg

20171211_165357.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Just now, shotski said:

Great, thanks sno problem

My pleasure. ;)

Posted

Just walked home from the gym and already the snow and snow melt on the ground is starting to freeze up, dripping from buildings has largely stopped too. Can see the stars so the cloud has definitely shifted! 

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Well it was beautiful to see some nice big fat flakes today,sadly only lasted a couple of hours,and after the soaking yesterday and this morning it was never going to settle,looked lovely up on the hills of fairlight and hastings this afternoon,though the traffic was not good so I heard,anyway looking forward to the next event,hopefully that word,marginality,will not be mentioned,and we get our long overdue 90cms 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Snow melt beginning to freeze up here already. 

Fields, grass and pavements will be rock solid by dawn tomorrow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Sorry to say this yet again, but please take care out there folks... The roads are slippery as ****, even in Central London, so it must be dreadful out where there is lying snow!
Just take it easy, allow more time for journeys etc. x

• Thanks 2

Posted

Herts council tweeting that the drop below 0c has come earlier than expected and are gritting from 7pm, while originally they'd planned to next go out at 4am. 

Be careful out there everyone! 

Edited by saint
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Ac few post ago I referred to the lovely sunset  - it so happened that my daughter was equally impressed and took photos - great minds think alike! 

However the one to really drool over is the third one which I believe is a scene from Finland. 

sunset 4.jpg

sunset 2.jpg

Free_Scenery_Wallpaper__Shows_the_Scene_of_Winter_in_Finland_What_a_Pure_and_Won.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

How many more hours should we expect to see showers coming off the North Sea? I'm hoping that I might see a dusting of snow as we missed out on all of the fun yesterday. I'm 15 miles inland at the dizzy heights of 50 metres above sea level

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Heading towards the worst bit of snow, the bit I hate, when it melts and re-freezes, rather have more snow or hope it rains enough to melt it all. Our road down is like a ice rink, people still driving like it's a clear road and coming at you expecting you to reverse round an icy bend by a parked car.

Be a fun walk to school tomorrow. 

And that wind is bitter:cold-emoji:

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted

Living on a side road that doesn’t get gritted - the yummy mummies in their 4x4 whizzing down with not a care in the world. 

Absolute numties... I hope they smash there 67 plate ranges into a tree tomorrow on their way to Starbucks in their yoga pants. Pffft... 

My road is so icy already - at 6pm 

1 minute ago, Ben Lewis said:

Living on a side road that doesn’t get gritted - the yummy mummies in their 4x4 whizzing down with not a care in the world. 

Absolute numties... I hope they smash there 67 plate ranges into a tree tomorrow on their way to Starbucks in their yoga pants. Pffft... 

Wow Ben ... don’t hold back ? ... very icy and the cars crunch over it like broken glass 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 minute ago, Ben Lewis said:

Tonight’s ice is going to catch a lot of people out.  They’ll assume the snow is clear so will speed up again, I can’t look ?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Wow Ben ... don’t hold back ? ... very icy and the cars crunch over it like broken glass 

Haha... SQ ... 

The yummy mummies round here annoy me most of the year... now even more... LOL 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I was rather more concerned by the image of an entire family living inside a single horseshoe...:oops:

Posted

Well it’s gonna be bloody awful in the morning, my road still covered and is freezing over already, almost went ass over tit a couple of times...

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

How about all those yummy daddies that think they on brands hatch and purposely wheel spin on the ice thinking they the big man ?? see it for myself yesterday and today , then when they get stuck and they can’t move they send their passenger out to give them a quick shove , then when they back in the move they do it again and slide all over the road , never learn ??

• Like 2