Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia generalweather discussion 08/11/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
16 minutes ago, kentcloud said:

The joys of Marsh weather, yesterday a southerly gale with a bucket full of rain and today a north-easterly gale with a bucket full of rain, the temperature is dropping this morning down from 6c at 5am to 3.5c now but it's just making the rain colder. 

Its so typical isn' it!

The roads are starting to flood here, the rain is actually being driven under my relatively new patio doors and it looks like a bin and recycling hurricane outside! 

Have any wind warnings be given out for south east coast do you know?

cos i havent seen any? or is eveyone so pre occupied with snowmagedon "up north" that they failed to mention the hurricane like winds currently lashing the crap out of the southeast corner!?

Edited by Snow Slave
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Mark Bayley said:

Seems to be turning sleety in NW London. Still lots of snow / slush on the pavements. Can see a bigger risk of ice tomorrow morning!

The ice risk tomorrow morning is considerable for everyone, has there ever been an amber warning for ice? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...

and now ive lost the felt off the roof of my childrens play house.

f f s

Edited by Snow Slave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Turning sleety in Hailsham.

Filthy out there.

Posted
2 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

I have heavy snow forecast too. Unfortunately no chance of settling due to the ground being so wet :sorry:

Screenshot_2017-12-11-09-05-01.png

If dew points are low enough and the precipitation moderate enough it will stick, regardless of the wet ground. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

A weird fight is happening outside my window, it's raining so hard but SNOW, SNOW has joined the party at last out of know where and it's winning, :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

In the centre of Portsmouth it's 99% rain

Looks like that here too, not far from the center of London. Portsmouth isn’t exactly the snow capital quite the opposite in fact in that satellite image of the UK covered in white stuff, I think you missed out! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 minutes ago, WeatherMoose said:

I have heavy snow forecast too. Unfortunately no chance of settling due to the ground being so wet :sorry:

Screenshot_2017-12-11-09-05-01.png

Doesn't matter if the grounds wet, it'll settle if the dew points are low enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Just been on a job to the conquest,snow falling there,on the ridge,icklesham had snow,winchelsea as well,nice big fat flakes,cheered me up a little bit,only cos it feels like im driving the millennium falcon

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Honestly I’m quite surprised folk are seeing snow to sea level in places with these dew points.

E96B62AA-F22F-47B5-AEC8-970DB095C8A3.thumb.png.44141f82b633950b6f1eb74f7bbf7dd5.png

Quite odd, can confirm more snow than rain here on the south coast near Brighton, although a little drizzle is still in the mix!

• Like 1

Posted

Anyone reckon with enough collective willpower we can make it snow? This sort of PPN and Wind with the right direction.. it would be one awesome blizzard!

Edited by Ellozee

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sharpedge said:

What is the reliability of the BBC Weather app?

One of the best, but all weather apps are not good when theres mix of rain and snow,same with summer showers and storms

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snow Slave said:

Its so typical isn' it!

The roads are starting to flood here, the rain is actually being driven under my relatively new patio doors and it looks like a bin and recycling hurricane outside! 

Have any wind warnings be given out for south coast do you know? cos i ahvent seen any? or is eveyone so pre occupied with snowmagedon "up north" that they failed to mention the hurricane like winds currently lashing the crap out of the southeast corner!?

I don't think there are any wind warnings today which is quite a surprise as the gusts are 50 to 60mph now in our corner of the world. Very unpleasant drive up to Ashford earlier, the wind was only noticeable when I got back to nearly New Romney. Fingers crossed for the recycling bins and few are already leaving home in our road  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

proper snow now in Locksbottom and quite heavy too.Think those with elevation around here like Biggin Hill,Halstead,Knockholt,West Kingsdown and N A G(that ones for you SM lol] may get a covering if intensity keeps up!!